T Bolts Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I went to Oktoberfest on the north side of Chicago Sunday (yes I know it's only September but I never said Chicago wasn't F'ed up)
Beautiful weather and good beer & food. My Wife's been to the real one in Munich and told me all about it so I know it doesn't come close but it was a lot of fun.
Here's a few pictures

IMG_2342.JPG
IMG_2351.JPG
IMG_2363.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG

Last week I started working at a new field office to help out while I waited for my new project to start. This field office is at a small airport even though the project has nothing to do at the airport. The office is in a hanger that is right off one of the taxiways and the hanger right next door is a small air museum and this was the view out the window on the first very rainy day I was there.
IMG_2569.JPG

I took some better pictures a few days later when the weather cleared up. The car visable in the last picture is mine, parked right out side the office door. We're really that close.
IMG_2650.JPG
IMG_2649.JPG
IMG_2648.JPG

More photos from Clow International Airport (don't know why its called "International Airport, only has one runway and no terminal or tower that I can see )

Here's one I'm sure Karl will be interested in. This Sikorsky S-58T is based a couple of hangers over from us. They do lifts that a crane can't do like putting air conditioning units on building roofs or antennas on tall buildings. They must have a lot of spare parts to keep something that old going day in and day out. It vibrates the whole office every morning when they warm it up.

IMG_2666.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2668.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back