Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1A Corsair VF-17 'Big Hog' Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seemed to have missed this one Alex. Looking great so far. The bulkhead would be zinc chromate, but it's also a lot further back than as on the kit, where the engine is part of it. Better to paint it black, then it doesn't look too artificial.
I had that problem with Humbrol Matt Coate when they changed from tin to jar too, even after stirring for ages. I now use Johnson's Klear/Future, and add Tamiya Flatt Base until it's right, either matt, semi-matt or whatever. If too much Flat Base is added, it'll dry with a white, chalky deposit, but you can test first, by brushing on to some scrap. Just add a bit more Klear to cure it. BTW, only add the Flat Base a small amount at a time, until you're happy with the result.
It will go on beautifully with a brush, and if applied evenly, will dry without brush marks. Have a go!

Thanks for that Terry I will try it. Unfortunately the paint I was using has gone rather weird on me, I think I'll be putting this model to rest its not really working. :(

Sorry to hear that Alex! :( Just put it aside for a wee while and return to it later man. Sure hope to see this one finished, looks great!

Eh dunno Wayne I've kinda lost interest in it to be honest. I'll get my little Wildcat finished for sure this will be scrapped for reappraisel at a later date. The postive here is that I've come to the decision I'll get myself an airbrush set up in the not too distant future.

Cheers

Sorry to hear about the problems with the bird. It was looking good. Maglar, was your engine photo taken in Galveston?

DBII

Dam mate! it's looking good!

Know how you feel though! My Corsairs lanquishing in various shades of blue/ white - Motivation went downhill! and I'm still no better off on the right colours

Cheers fellas. Started stripping back what I've done, it's all fixable I just have to take my time with the paint removal. Hopefully will see it in its full glory a few months from now.

Just as this Build is coming to a close I'm close to getting back onto this one but it won't make the deadline. Will get finished though, eventually...! :)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back