DONE: F4U-1A of Lt. Bill Case of VMF-214, Group Build...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree about the .50 cal. exhaust stains, and (I may be wrong here) the flaps look a little too drooped , but Dan... FIRST CLASS WORK MATE! :D :D :D

I love this bird even more than your Fw 190D-9, and that's saying something.

Thanks guys....

I checked and re-checked the drop flaps, and I think I got the angle spot on, based off a pic of Boyington taxiing with dropped flaps in 883...... Brought the gun port staining down a notch, we'll see how the sunlight highlights em now.... Also got the antenna line attached to the mast.... Came out pretty decently I might add.....

All thats left is the portside underwing recognition lights and the wingtip lights.... Can anyone tell me the correct order of the lights on the underside??? The instructions show, from leading edge, yellow green and red, but I dont trust these directions....

Directions for the lights were bogus as I thought.... From the leading edge its red, yellow and green....

Well, I went and sweat my balls off outside in the beating sun and took a round of pics, and it looks like Im done..... Heres a few tasty shots from the "photoshoot".........

I want to take time to thank the gents who made this Tribute possible:

First to Wojtek (Wurger), for finding the only pic available showing 873 and allowing me to verify its orgins, great hunting as always Friend....
Secondly to Jan (Lucky13), for sending me the appropriate decals that made this Build what it is, all on u Brother.....
Thirdly to Kevin (Javlin), for hookin me up with a new canopy after snapping mine in half, thanks again Man....
Fourthly to Terry (Airframes), for sending me several goodies as well as detailed instructions on how to detail out the gunbay, couldnt have done it with out u Brother...
Fifthly to Wayne, whose professionalism and detail oriented mindset pushed me to the very limits of my meager and inexperienced skills, you are Da Man.........

And finally to Paul (Micdrow), who provided an unbelieveable amount of research material that made this model as realistic as I could possibly create, thanks for ur support to all of us Buddy...

Attachments

• cu01.jpg
    cu01.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 151
  • cu02a.jpg
    cu02a.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 147
  • bot01.jpg
    bot01.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Any chance of getting a photo, or negative, of #873, the second one in your post, with #873 on the marston mat? My father flew late model F4u-1s (F4U-1As), and F4U-!ds in combat. I would gladly pay for a reprint of the photo.

I did do a search of a database that contains the whereabouts of some of the F4Us, 17883, and 17915 are in there, but I could not find 17873. If you knew what happened to it, I will send the info to the moderators of this site.
US Navy and US Marine Corps Aircraft Serial Numbers and Bureau Numbers--1911 to Present

This site has a lot of info on the F4U-1 in particular, but, by it's own admission, it is far from complete.

THX
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back