The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We see them around the house here every so often...wife usually squeaks and yells for me to come take care of the spider. I usually get the plastic bug-moving cup and relocate it to somewhere near an outside light source....plenty of bugs as form of relocation-repayment! Excellent shot ya got there, bro!

Awesome shot, Aaron!
Gotta love Hoppy Spiders and thier attitudes :D
Whenever one gets loose in the house or at the shop, I'll move 'em to the nearest bush/planter so they can keep doing thier thing without getting squished...in all the years I've dealt with them, never been bitten.

That is agreat close up shot, lots of character and what seems to be a 'happy' spidy. These little dudes normally run away around here....hang on...did you use a close up lens or was it a 7000mm zoom used from across the other side of the garage ?

I'm also both pleased and surprised at how many of us guys will go out of our way to relocate the 'Arachnis Deathicus' !!!

We see them around the house here every so often...wife usually squeaks and yells for me to come take care of the spider. I usually get the plastic bug-moving cup and relocate it to somewhere near an outside light source....plenty of bugs as form of relocation-repayment! Excellent shot ya got there, bro!

I grew up on a farm so unless it's a black widow or a brown recluse I don't mind them. I think that the jumping spiders are the clowns of the spider family though.:lol: Thanks RA.
Awesome shot, Aaron!
Gotta love Hoppy Spiders and thier attitudes :D
Whenever one gets loose in the house or at the shop, I'll move 'em to the nearest bush/planter so they can keep doing thier thing without getting squished...in all the years I've dealt with them, never been bitten.

I've not ever had one bite me either Dave. Their curiosity and their, I'm gonna kick your ass, attitude is what I love about them.:)

That is agreat close up shot, lots of character and what seems to be a 'happy' spidy. These little dudes normally run away around here....hang on...did you use a close up lens or was it a 7000mm zoom used from across the other side of the garage ?

I'm also both pleased and surprised at how many of us guys will go out of our way to relocate the 'Arachnis Deathicus' !!!

Thank you Gary, I used my 18/55 lens. And they don't run away around here, they usually crawl right up into and under where you are working, and they look up at you as if to say, "You haven't seen my dinner pass this way have you?":lol:

Found these little guys a few days ago.....methinks they're still hiding from the cold as they are still in the same place !!!. These lttle Ladybirds are all over the garden at the moment.

Attachments

• Ladybirds.jpg
    Ladybirds.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 171
David, it just thinks it's evil.:lol: Thanks Vic, I had to use the flash to help the focus and it is still a little wanting. What kind of insect is that you shot and what camera are you using? Oh, and nice shot to.:thumbright: :cool:

ABW, a dragonfly, predators eating mosquitos, flies, bees, ants. Among the fastest insects some clocked at 60mph (96kph)

Attachments

• pictures-2.jpg
    pictures-2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Thanks for the complements folks and yes you were spot on Mike, my daughter has just moved into a 40 acre property out in the bush and the property dam is ringed by bulrushes with little dragonfly's all over the place even a blue one which was much more elusive.

The camera Aaron is a Nikon Coolkpix S8100 with a Nikkor 10 X Wide Potical Zoom and Macro Mode.

Went up inbto the loft yesterday...and imediately felt like Indiana Jones in another of his lost crusades !....got through the entrance trapdoor and spent a few minutes wiping spider web from my head !!!.

Bl**dy stuff was everywhere, then I found the cuplrit. Only hope theres just this one, as I left her there (she can have a go at the bl**dy Starlings that are nesting in the eves !) She was about 2 inches overall.

No Indiana Jones lookalikes where harmed in the taking of these piccies :)

Attachments

• spidy1.jpg
    spidy1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 141
  • spidy3.jpg
    spidy3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 131
  • spidy2.jpg
    spidy2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back