The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ran into these in Laos, almost a foot across

Attachments

• gianormous-spiders.jpg
    gianormous-spiders.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 151
vic, actually that is a huntsman spider they just grow bigger in the tropics. they do bite if provoked but the bite is just like a wasp or bee sting, non-fatal to humans

vic, actually that is a huntsman spider they just grow bigger in the tropics. they do bite if provoked but the bite is just like a wasp or bee sting, non-fatal to humans

Just as well because when I was working in the Snowy Mountains I had one in the office and thought I had got rid of it until it climbed up my leg inside my trousers. I didn't quite hit the roof, but it was very close.

Now for something not so crawly but a surprise as I walked out the back door this was sitting peaceful on the deck and no I didn't have the camera in my hand, I had to go and fetch it.

Attachments

• 101111-1G.jpg
    101111-1G.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 145
Vic, I can only imagine, surprised you managed to break suction so quickly. hope you had another pair to change into.
that's why we "blouse" our trousers

A buddy of mine brought this little fart to me yesterday and I took some shot of it. At first I thought it was a male but after looking at it some more I'm not so sure. It had a red stripe from the tip of it's but that ran up the middle of it's back. I could NOT get it to stay right side up for a shot to save my life.

IMG_1101 cropped resized legal.jpg

Last edited:
Only the female has the hourglass, Aaron, really nice picture. now don't play with the nice spider
1. Smaller male BWS and larger female
2. the harmless male

Attachments

• MaleandfemaleBWS.jpg
    MaleandfemaleBWS.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 188
  • bwmale.jpg
    bwmale.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
As I recall, someone mentioned leeches. Personally they rank as semi-creepy though I do recall one that attached itself to my non-walking leg. boots and a good blousing job kept most of them out. it's the bleeding AFTER they are removed that's creepy

Attachments

• bleedingafterleech.jpg
    bleedingafterleech.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 200
  • leech2.jpg
    leech2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 185
  • leech.JPG
    leech.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 198
  • bloodsuckers-leeches.jpg
    bloodsuckers-leeches.jpg