The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. The little fart stood out like a lit bulb in dark room. I got the impression it may be poisonous to eat because not even the ants were bothering it. I spent about ten minutes taking shots of it but I only took about six or seven photos, I was trying to make sure I was still enough. These shots at normal size are a little fuzzy but are the best of the group.

Oh, and I got these guys as I stepped out of the Jeep. Right click on photos, click view image and then click on image. Not original size, only 45%.

Attachments

• IMG_2614 Butterflies resized 45.jpg
    718.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Just FYI about creepy crawleys, a 40 yr old Colorado man died after being bitten 19 times by a black widow couple of weeks ago....

going out to the storage area on the bottom patio, look what came to greet me! Never expected scorpions in Arkansas

Attachments

• DCP_1665.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 74
I found another interesting critter this morning at work after the sun came up. It is deceased but it still has some good color. It is a Cicada or 17 year locust.

Attachments

• IMG_2716 Cicada.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2720 Cicada.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 71
especially as I was wearing open sandals and not really watching where I was stepping. Was going to send him to scorpion heaven but they are insect eaters so I left him alone. Probably nail me in the toe tomorrow

Little guy that has taken up residence in the front flowerbed. No idea what they're called ("lizard"?), I call him Bob. Guys, meet Bob. Bob, the Guys.

Sorry 'bout the blurry images, I was hand-holding in the shade, 1/50, after spending the afternoon up in the attic. Yeah...104 outside, and I was crawling around up in the attic, laying more wood down and moving storage boxes that had previously been clustered over the garage...with no vertical support underneath. After two cable techs (both over 250 lbs, one probably approaching 300) within 2 months crawled around up there, the sheetrock in the garage is starting to pop loose. I figger'd it's the time to move stuff to a location with more support, before I come out one morning to find it all spread over my wife's Forerunner. But even with a fan, its frikkin HOT upstairs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread