The creepy crawly thread..... (4 Viewers)

I'll post you a Red Back when I find one H, not a hair on them.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

keep my eyes open too! Don't think Harrison would like the Funnel Web either....glad they don't live around these parts!
 
Yep, spiders without hair don't bother me, just the ones with hair freak me out.....
 
Some great pics guys! Here's some shots I've just taken of the little dude who we share our house with. He can normally be found in the food pantry :rolleyes:
 

Attachments

  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 181
Nice Andy, surely won't eat too much, eh?...:D

He better not, last time I looked he wasn't paying any rent :twisted:

Vic Balshaw said:
Nice one Andy, did you let him out for a run?

I wish he'd find the bloody front door Vic. He gave me quite a fright when he came running around the corner right beside my head. :lol:
 
We have those same little gecko's here in Texas. They come out at night and hang around the front porch since the light attracts all the little bugs. My neighbors calls them her little porch monsters!
 
Geckos love our back porch light (they got kinda angry with us when we put in a yellow bug-light to cut down on the clouds of summertime bugs)! I'll often open the back storm-door to let the dogs out, and have a startled gecko lose his grip and fall on me. Occasionally they'll get in the house, too, which isn't good with two beagles and two cats....my wife will freak out and scream for me to catch it and get rid of it....why do we have cats, again? :lol: I actually love the little boogers, because they do eat the bugs.
 
Man everyone has great shots, got this beautiful lady last night. This is a very unique thread, thanks for posting it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0636 A.jpg
    IMG_0636 A.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0637 A.jpg
    IMG_0637 A.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 207
Nice one!!
 
Man everyone has great shots, got this beautiful lady last night. This is a very unique thread, thanks for posting it.

Wow !

Thats a great set of pics of that spidey !

Found this little dude walking across the front lawn yesterday. Tended to 'stick out' a bit being yellow against the grass.
Picked him up on some bark shavings and he decides to just curl up and not move....for 2.5 bl**dy hours !. Got fed up, so took some shots of him anyway.

He/she/it is the caterpiller of the Russet Moth...big and grey and with two huge antenna on the head when full grown.

This is the first time I have ever seen one of these little beauties and it took quite a while to ID it on the web. Beautiful colours on him.
 

Attachments

  • c3.JPG
    c3.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 204
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 214
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 206
Dang Wildcat...that gecko just wandered into your house? It looks pretty mellow though!

Nice Black Widow, ontos...we have a monster hiding in the corner of the shop, but I can't lure her out far enough to get a decent shot. Just my luck, I'd get too close and she'd probably bite my face or something. Like I said, she's huge, probably one of the bigger ones I've ever seen.

Really cool looking caterpillar, Gary! It has some awesome colors, and it's cool how thier hair grows in bunches like little paint brushes.

Great shots, everybody!
 
Cool shots Guys!:D
 
Dang Wildcat...that gecko just wandered into your house? It looks pretty mellow though!

Yeah, he seems content enough. Keeps outta our way most of the time.
Here's a pic of another creature found lurking in my laundry last night, plus some wallabies over the back fence (sorry for the poor quality).
 

Attachments

  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 098.JPG
    098.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 099.JPG
    099.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 206
Ha, not anymore if you know what I mean..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back