The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's one of the little helpers around my house. Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes to take pics of little things up close.

Attachments

• 100_2740.JPG
    100_2740.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 136
Well, I took it into consideration what you said, and I trapped him in a cup with paper on top, and threw him outside. If I find it again, down the toilet he goes :lol:

Yea, it scared that crap outta me, I was going to get a tissue and he was on the ground and I was about to grab a book but, fought the urge. It was 2X the size than the picture shows. :lol:

When I was growing up we lived in a 200 year old house and the crickets would over run the house in the winter so when a wolf spider showed up we gave her run of the house and after about a month you didn't hear a single cricket. She got to be about 5 inches across by the end of winter.:lol: :lol:

Yeah, I woke up one morning and she had hatch her egg on my bedroom wall. The egg sac was about the size of the end of your thumb. There were about a zillion tiny spiders on the wall.:lol: I had to get the vacuum to get them off the wall. I then took the bag outside and let them go.:lol:

Last edited:
I have one of those wolf spiders. She lives under the cover for the grill. Seems she figured out the camel crickets like to hang out there, too. So, the couple of nights a week I cook something outside, I remove the cover with a bit more care than past seasons. Foot tip to foot tip, she's about 4.5 inches.

Well, I took it into consideration what you said, and I trapped him in a cup with paper on top, and threw him outside. If I find it again, down the toilet he goes :lol:

:lol:. My daughter and missus are both scared of little spiders so everytime they find one, I have to do the whole Indiana Jones bit (keep the whip in the bedroom...tehee !) and catch said viscous little fella and throw him out of the upstairs bathroom window. By my reckoning, judging by the amount of spiders I've lobbed out of this window, the pile of spiders must be just about short of the window itself...so they dont have far to fall !. Little b*ggers probably just open the window and walk right back in ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I occasionally get an Orb Weaver (daddy longlegs) up in the corners of my place and I'll let them hang out and do thier thing. I have seen them really do a great job catching mosquitos and such, plus they can and will kill Black Widow spiders.

All others are shown the door :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back