The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's what I'm talking about Andy, they are eggs. Laid in a tube of protective jell. But as to what laid them there, I have no clue and have not been able to find anything on line like them. Mike may know what they are.

Just came across this, yea late as usual. Frog eggs tend to be individual eggs surrounded by a gel sac laid in a blob-type mass. Toads however lay tube like gel-sacks with many eggs in each tube. So my best guess is as Viking posted Toad eggs. Toads live on land but their tadpole stage is still in water.

That last photo reminds me of The Shadow Over Innsmouth....

I actually located this thread to post these pics. Watching my Humm-bird feeder this AM I noticed that the birds were having a fit. They kept trying to land and would zoom off without doing so. Looked closer and saw something waving at them trying to grab them. An even closer look found this guy perched on the beam over the feeder trying to grab the feast of his life

Attachments

• IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 75
Another SPIDER Terry. This time it's a Wolf spider just outside the shop door and it was about the size of a nickle.

Attachments

• IMG_9253 adjusted 1 resized 80 cropped legal.jpg
    IMG_9253 adjusted 1 resized 80 cropped legal.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9255 adjusted resized 80 cropped legal.jpg
    IMG_9255 adjusted resized 80 cropped legal.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Back