The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Scorpions here in Arkansas took be by surprise the first year as I associate them more with the Southwest. Tarantula MIGRATION was a REAL shocker when I saw the back yard MOVING one September morning. Emptied several clips from the AR that day into the grass.
We have about 40 different species of spider including a BROWN widow spider that surprised me in a hose reel one day.
The dock will house 20-30 fishing spiders (about 1inch (2.5cm). These suckers WALK on water as well as diving UNDER it when they want. Now Wolf Spiders are common and love to get in the house if they can (about 2inches (5 cm).
fishingspider.jpg
Arkwolfspider.jpg

We've got scorpions here in Lethbridge, but they're sting is in the bee sting category. Also have Black Widow spiders whose bit is a bit more serious.

Well, Lethbirdge, sure! I said colder climate like up here in Calgary! :lol:

I remember wolf spiders growing up in Ontario and yeah, they got pretty big.

thanks, telephoto lens and a lot of cropping. I was NOT that close. Aaron I've never seen one that big around here. 2 inches at the most. Now the tarantulas are good sized. Easily 2X the Wolf. Those nasty little fishing spiders are aggressive little buggers.

Well there are 2400 species of spiders in Oz and easily 50 are not deadly to humans. That Gianormous spider is an Australian Huntsman. Easily the size of a large man's hand 1 foot or so (30cm) not considered deadly (by Oz standards) though those 1cm long fangs would make a nice pair of holes
074942cb56f4442506a453c1df9a395b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back