The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice color but not in the least "creepy". We get them around the dock and occasionally crossing the road

But it is a CRAWLY.:lol: Here's one I got this morning at work while trying to check the air pressure in my tires.
IMG_9769 cropped legal.jpg

Speaking of Hopping Spiders, I witnessed a spectacle yesterday that gave me a whole new respect for them.

I know they are ferocious hunters but I would have never believed this if someone had told me about it...

A female was actively stalking an Orb Weaver in it's web and I knew that this little Hopping Spider was about to get into serious trouble. Orb Weavers may seem ungainly, but they have potent venom and are known to take out spiders like Black widows and Wolf Spiders.

After what seemed like forever, the Hopping Spider attacked, landing on the back of the Orb Weaver's back, sinking it's fangs into the back of the Orb Weaver's head, the force of the impact taking the Orb Weaver completely out of it's web. The battle ended as soon as it had begun.

Fortunately, I had my camera nearby (although not with the Macro lens, but the 18-55 did a good enough job) and I was able to get in a good shot before the Hopping Spider hauled her prize away.

IMGP40752-ed[720x479].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back