The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

012 resized 20 legal.jpg
014 resized 20 legal.jpg
034 resized 20 legal.jpg
I spent two weeks at my uncles taking care of his place while he was away on vacation. He lives in the woods. So he gets a lot of creepy crawlys.

Last edited:
Mike, dragonflies can't walk, so.................the best time to get a photo is when they land. I used my big lens for these shots. That way I could stay just far enough away not to spook them.

Isn't all the native fauna of Australia trying to kill you?
Well not exactly ALL...
Saltwater Crocs that can actually jump out of the water using their tails
Stonefish, has spines that can pierce a boot sole and inject a deadly venom
Sharks, Oz is home to the three most deadly: Bull, Tiger, and great white
Spiders, Oz has the three most deadly: Sydney web, BIRD-EATING Tarantula (yup the fricking thing catches BIRDS in its web), and the trapdoor spider
Cassowary, a bird to match the spider...flightless, as tall as a human with six-inch razor-sharp talons on its feet that it uses to kick with
Snakes, as usual in Oz, the three deadliest, Coastal Taipan (one drop of venom can kill 20 humans), King Brown, and the Tiger snake
A SNAIL!!, Yup only in Oz, the Marble Cone Snail comes factory equipped with a harpoon that can pierce through a toenail and inject venom. It kill about 20 humans a year...A FRICKING SNAIL!!
The Blue Ringed Octopus. A Cute little guy 10cm (4 inches) hangs around in rocky tidal pools and has a deadly venomous bite about 23 deaths per year...at least it beats the snail
Just to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back