The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow Vic, that rascal looks kind of cool...almost resembles a Black Widow in a way.

Was that first photo showing the spider in the barrel of a carbeurator?

Not this one, he's tucked under the lip of the wheelie (garbage for you Americans) bin. Sorry, was tucked under…….

Hey Aaron, good thing it was just a little green spider, instead of one of those freakin' Australian bird-eating monsters!

Grabbed this shot of a butterfly in my Ellysium last May. The orange-red dust all over it's back is from it's wandering through a bunch of Lillies that were in bloom...

Attachments

• IMGP6631-rs.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 154
Hay Aaron, caught a couple more Red Backs making a nice snug home in the wheelie bin today.

That's a beaut butterfly Dave, you must have been sharp of the mark to get that shot. I've got dozens flitting all over the garden at the moment, but they wont settle.

Just had a wander round the back yard this morning

Attachments

• IMG_1187.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1186.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1183.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1181.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1178.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1188.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 125
Wow Vic, you got some real nice critter shots!

That one bug with the X on it's back looks alot like one we have here in Northern California. Dunno if they're like a stink bug or not, I've never had the opportunity to see if they do!

We have a Praying Mantis inside the office, "standing guard" while all other bugs are getting frozen to death outside. It just goes to show ya' just how smart these things are! On top of that, this mantis is up on the ceiling, and not too far from a heater duct!

If the photo looks a little weird, it's because I had to do a "kamikaze" shot (holding the camera above my head) since the ceiling is about 10 foot high, and then rotated it so the mantis isn't viewed upside down!

Attachments

• IMGP8564-cr.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 117

Users who are viewing this thread