The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys...working on filling and sanding those forward wing roots to look right...requires some careful work!

Ok a bit of before and after...but not finished yet...

Attachments

• Wing root_0849.JPG
    Wing root_0849.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Wing Root Progress_Stbd_0878.JPG
    Wing Root Progress_Stbd_0878.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 176
also fitted the gun cowl and drilled the machine guns, now that was interesting to say the least!!

Attachments

• Gun Cover fitted_0875.JPG
    Gun Cover fitted_0875.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 160
  • 13mm Cowl Guns drilled_0872.JPG
    13mm Cowl Guns drilled_0872.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 168
Wayne this is a converted A-8 to A-9 correct ? the mg cowling bulges look extreme don't they ?

~ maybe it is just the angle of the foto .........

Wayne this is a converted A-8 to A-9 correct ? the mg cowling bulges look extreme don't they ?

~ maybe it is just the angle of the foto .........

Yes -8 to -9 and No not the angle of the photo, they are a little extreme Erich.
I thought about replacing it with the Eagle Ed. cowl but it changes the kit into a Mod category rather than Enhanced, so I chose not to replace it. I am thinking about a bit of 'sanding surgery' to improve it....

I would use the injection needle for barrels.:D But it is a very good solution aswell.

It's not a requirement, rather an attention to detail thing...for the most part it is still a 190 and still judged on the major basics of construction, painting and finish.
You may change or add some basic components, such as seat belts, antenna wiring, guns...to meet an enhanced criteria, but when you replace or modify major kit parts then the model is elevated to the modified category.
If this was a single 'Open' category then I would go the whole hog...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back