The Fw 190A-9 of Siegfried Baer, 5.Staffel, II./JG301, in Detail....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne you were able to view the white 21 again but from a different view. the 2 should remain the same for Baer's crate I feel. And as the 21 was a Sturm machine feel that pic was taken before December 44's end and the crate just left in the damaged condition that it was and replaced by A-9's almost entirely.

Remember earlier conversations about 2 staffels of II. gruppe desiganted as Schwere-heavy to hit the bombers ? ...... white 21 proves that in my mind so my hypothesis for the time being is that 5 staffel had A-8's and variants as well as four cannon equipped A-9's in the line up.

Hi Erich, that white 21 pic was nice and clear, better than the one I have and I have all three which are good but average none the less when compared to David's image.

Comfortable to go with the 4 cannons at this time, I am also going to prepare both canopy types, using the blown but the other will be ready should I need to change.

the pic David posed is a little dark but ok the tail actually is not as clear as the other 2 images, one that was posted and re oved and then another just slightly different angle which I own as well - have all 3 of them...that crate ws definately an A-8/R2 from December 44 wrk. blocks

yes more and more think the 5th staffel was the heavy job so put on the 4 2cm's

panel line work progressing, masking tape off the Reich defence bands....

Attachments

• Lower Surface panel Lines_2565.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Lower Port Wing Panel Lines_2523.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Lower Stbd Wing Panel Lines_2536.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 103
nice and clean

my cousins first mission in JG 301 was today against P-51's of the 8th AF and the US 398th bomb group most likely flying this Weiße 2 in the works by Wayne

E ~

Thanks Guys.

Karl, I try to finish at least 6 per year, however this can go up or down.
It depends on other commitments, work, interuptions, opportunity, mood etc....I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Having said that I create my own problems by having too many projects on the go, far too often I change tacks and work on a secondary model when I should be focusing on THE primary ones....

Currently focusing on the 190 but there are about 4 other primarys in progress, at least another 6 secondary, plus 3 Tanks, 4 Aircraft carriers and a 37 Ford coupe for a work friend....

My models are displayed in a large cabinet in my Rumpus room, go back and check out the pic in the mugshot thread you can see part of it behind me...

cheers wayne, need to get me one of those cabinets my better half is already on my case about the five 1/72 models i've knocked together since august gathering dust and starting to take over our spare room

What is a soare room? Is that the room that you and the missus fight over about decorating and leaves you both... sore?

I'm already wondering what I'm gonna do with my recently re-discovered hobby. I can only hang so many models on my boys ceiling. And the ones with lots of rigging and antennas will only collect dust faster. I've thought about putting them in clear display containers and giving them away, but I honestly don't know to whom I would give them to.

Users who are viewing this thread