The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A few pics from my first week back in Norfolk. The weather has been generally good overall, with a couple of fairly heavy rain showers, much needed after the past couple of months of hot sun in the region, although as the grass had scorched and thinned out, even the slightest disturbance, such as the wheels on my mobility scooter, cuts through to the wet soil below. However, as daytime temperatures are still in the mid twenties Celsisus, and set to stay that way for the next couple of weeks at least, the ground will hopefully recover.
The downside, at the moment, is that my meds have still not been delivered, and I'm now overdue my weekly injection. I keep chasing, and the supplier is also chasing the hospital, waiting for the prescription to be signed off. I'm just hoping they can be sorted and delivered this coming week, as longer delays will most likely lead to prolonged discomfort, reduced mobility, and further pain.

Anyway, on with the pics, showing my D.I.Y. (Destroy It Yourself ) "home improvements", with a flexible track made from interlocking 2 x 2 feet ( 60 x 60 cms) rubber mats, creating a taxi track and hard-standing for my new, portable mobility scooter, which also makes access much easier, over the pebbled hard stand, when walking. I've ordered some more of these, to cover the "patio area" outside the 'van and awning.
I had a very pleasant surprise on Friday evening, when my mechanic friends from home arrived to stay for the weekend, bringing another old friend with them - my original "Tin Tent" in which I started this thread back in 2015. The guys bought it off me in June 2020, and the old girl, now 33 years old, is still in great condition, and it was grand to see her back on this camp site, where a number of long-term users here recognized her.
The final pics show the sun going down behind the trees this evening, as Polish kie basa cook on the "barbie", to be scoffed with a pint or three of Speckled Hen.

I'll be back when I can, hopefully with more tales and pics of the Travels From Tel's Tin Tent.

Scole Sept 2022 005.JPG
Scole Sept 2022 003.JPG
Scole Sept 2022 001.JPG
Scole Sept 2022 019.JPG
Scole Sept 2022 021.JPG

Glad you like my ramblings, verbal and actual !

I'm now very happy to report that the hospital 'phoned me late afternoon today, and my meds should ( I hope) be sorted within the next couple of days, which will then allow me to start planning days out visiting sites of interest.
It seems that the supplying company are running two computer systems, old and new, which don't seem to "talk" to each other. They send urgent messages on the new system, but don't realise that these don't get through to the hospital, as the "new" system isn't connected to the hospital system !
It's "only" taken me two weeks of continuous calls to both organisations to get this sorted - whatever happened to old-fashioned direct communication and real humans using common sense and personal initiative, rather than relying on automated systems and voice mail, for f**k's sake !!!

Happened to me with my "staying alive pills". Leave it to us, they says, pills are late, they was, freakin' out, I was. Glad you got it sorted out Terry

A few pics from my first week back in Norfolk. The weather has been generally good overall, with a couple of fairly heavy rain showers, much needed after the past couple of months of hot sun in the region, although as the grass had scorched and thinned out, even the slightest disturbance, such as the wheels on my mobility scooter, cuts through to the wet soil below. However, as daytime temperatures are still in the mid twenties Celsisus, and set to stay that way for the next couple of weeks at least, the ground will hopefully recover.
The downside, at the moment, is that my meds have still not been delivered, and I'm now overdue my weekly injection. I keep chasing, and the supplier is also chasing the hospital, waiting for the prescription to be signed off. I'm just hoping they can be sorted and delivered this coming week, as longer delays will most likely lead to prolonged discomfort, reduced mobility, and further pain.

Anyway, on with the pics, showing my D.I.Y. (Destroy It Yourself ) "home improvements", with a flexible track made from interlocking 2 x 2 feet ( 60 x 60 cms) rubber mats, creating a taxi track and hard-standing for my new, portable mobility scooter, which also makes access much easier, over the pebbled hard stand, when walking. I've ordered some more of these, to cover the "patio area" outside the 'van and awning.
I had a very pleasant surprise on Friday evening, when my mechanic friends from home arrived to stay for the weekend, bringing another old friend with them - my original "Tin Tent" in which I started this thread back in 2015. The guys bought it off me in June 2020, and the old girl, now 33 years old, is still in great condition, and it was grand to see her back on this camp site, where a number of long-term users here recognized her.
The final pics show the sun going down behind the trees this evening, as Polish kie basa cook on the "barbie", to be scoffed with a pint or three of Speckled Hen.

I'll be back when I can, hopefully with more tales and pics of the Travels From Tel's Tin Tent.

View attachment 686488View attachment 686489View attachment 686490View attachment 686491View attachment 686492
Looks like a nice outing, Terry!

Complete with Marsden matting for the Martlett!

(Sorry, I had to, you know) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back