The weather where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they were yapping in the media about how it's bad that the Winter became less cold than in the past and now it came - 0°C and orcans!

godeye.gif

freezing rain at least its getting colder still no snow some damage nothing of importance lost power for an hour

Attachments

• IMG_0970_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0970_1_1.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0974_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0974_1_1.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 50
freezing rain what a bitch, I remember that on many a morn and afternoon living in Portland, OR when the east winds would blowin along the Columbia River. Gorgeous but a death nell to drivers and trees. When it would rain several inches a couple of us guys would head out slowly past troutdale east of Portland and climb the frozen waterfalls ............. YES ~

a freezer on the pecker this afternoon 2 miles of skirting an ice sheet on the road everything white as snow with verglas all over, and people trying to slow down and slip all over .........I was driving my heavy flat bed 1-ton

we may get some white stuff tonight the scuttlebutt told . . . . . ♫

The ground is still not in the least frozen so it was trees only that iced . Believe it or not we have some fairly good wineries and grapes here and grapefarmers always leave a portion of the grapes on the vine so they freeze
and upon reaching about -6c they harvest them immediatly and use the juice to make Ice Wine or Eiswein and they haven't been able to harvest them

the grapes are probably history by now, as they will shrivel in that type of cold with freezing rain ........ not being there would not know if they appear as close to raisins or still locking in the sugar but yes you have to be right on top of them to pick that "gold" off the vines . . .......

pb may disagree, but some of the best icewines I've tasted yet have been from the Jost Vineyards (Forgive the misspelling. Can't seem to locate the appropriate accent for the "o".) here in Nova Scotia. All joking around aside, I'm actually serious. Icewines in general, I find to be extremely palatable, but the Jost Vineyards produce some of the best I've ever tasted. But expensive! :rolleyes:

Jost Vineyards: History

Oh, and it's snowing at the moment. Freezing rain is forecast for tonight.

Haven't touched wine since the big Hangover in 1973 so I don't know squat about wine or gin or tequilia

oh man it is snowing to the north and the big ugly is coming this way, either snow or yet worse.......freezing rain which is going to kill people here in these hills and crap road ways. right now it has dropped 4 degrees to 19F, freezing fog. Hmmmmmm moisture through that will be interesting. so much for work today

Was nice, sunny, winter day :) . Temp. +8C, any snow, green grass... This is the most warm winter in over 20 years here in Poland...

freezing rain and snow mix, just went on the road in front of my house. I could use a pair of ice skates right now.

the world is getting turned upside down in weather ............ glad someone else is in charge of that and HE does know what HE is doing chaps/ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back