The weather where you live? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot weather nothing unusual for January droughts effecting different areas in Australia but raining in the tropics above tropic of capricorn bush fires in parts of NSW Victoria Tasmania and South Australia. but where i am hot and dry and on level 4 water restrictions. and did i tell you its warm here

Well we are going to get hit by one hell of a storm. The local news just put a warning out that the winds are expected to get to 200kmh in our area for people not to be out on the streets after 4 PM. The winds right now are at about 120kmh and the storm has not even hit the coast yet. It does not hit the coast until between 4 PM and 6 PM.

We are also supposed to get about 50 L of rain per square meter. Boy is it going to suck.

The schools here and stores are closing and the military post where I work completly shut down at 3 PM.

On my way out the gate of the base to go home, part of the roof of one of the large hangers here tore off in the wind.

Good luck Adler...Just talked to a friend in our Coleman Barracks depot and
that facility is in a "tent" structure, so they are very concerned.
Hey - just how much is 50L per sq meter in dumb Texan language???

It is about 12.5 gallons per sq meter. We are going to have lots of flooding, and damage. There has allready been one fatality when a tree fell on a car that was driving. A train also wrecked because of a rather large tree that fell on the tracks.

Its crazy Germany actually made the news. I was flipping through the TV channels and when I came to CNN, they were broadcasting about the storm. This one is going to be really bad.

Winds right now are about 140kmh in our area and they expect it to reach 200kmh. All Fire departments, hospitals and rescue services are on standbye.

I am watching a rather large pine tree in the yard of the house next to me swaying really bad. I am surprised that it is still standing.

where in the US ? maybe you are speaking of you town Pisis ? Europe is getting hammered from what you are saying and I am not hearing anything at home about it

cold chill with wind gusts, putting on my polypro's before going to work which will be minimal

E

58+ in the US...

Are you talking about the United States, Pisis?

If you are the US is rather big and unlike most countries in Europe has several climate zones throughoutt he country. The West Coast for insance is covered in Ice and snow right now. Florida is rather warm.

It might be 58+ in N. Carolina but it will be 72+ in Florida and -2 in Chicago, all at the same time.

The storm is still raging. It is expected to continue through the night. Will keep you updated on the situations.

Oh **** there just went my trash can flying outside. I thought i had it secured eneogh.

sounds like it's time to head downstairs with a good WW 2 book, your woman and a good Bier ? windy here and cold but nothing like what you are going through now ............ my tarps are blowing off my 1-ton and it looks like it could snow again ........ oh boy more stupid drivers on the road including me :D

E

We will be allright. This is not like Katrina or anything. It is a very severe storm and worse than the normal Orcans that come through Germany but it will be okay. Winds of 212kmh (131mph) have been recorded.

Well new update.

The waters at the coast of Germany are rising 2.5 to 3.5 meters (expected). Here comes the floods....

The storm is expected to actually strengthen tonight some more, before dieing off in the morning. They expect it to stay, windy, mild in temperature and stormy through the weekend though and then get very cold and snow.

ah HA I thought actually willed the snow to come your way .......... ah yeah right .......

are you getting rain hammering right now as well as the wind ?

I just be getting old the wind chill is about 20F right now and my buns are almost blue

We had that too here. Wind on some places over 216 km/h (!!!), three dead - one voluntary fireworker, two 21 years old boys - all of them killed by a fallng tree. One Million of people without electricity, one National Park destructed, Millions of €uro losses...

FHO187c50_Liberec_Petrasek_Radek.jpg

FHO187c65_jerab2.jpg

FHO187c61_auto_Jan_Trestik_ctk.jpg

00wixbl-gallery.jpg

27biovv-gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back