The weather where you live? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeap the winds in my area reached 193kmh but the top winds recorded in Germany were at 230kmh. Our little town took light damage, but nothing terrible. Up north at the coast they got hit really hard.

One of the very large hangers at the airfield I work at, lost part of its roof.

16 people were killed (last I heard and that was last night).

It has been raining extremely hard since about 2200 hours last night and has not let up yet. There is flooding in some places.

Power is still out in someplaces all over Germany. The Trains have started running againg but on a limited schedule.

The train station in Nurnberg became a shelter last night and over a thousand people spent the night in it on cots provided by the Red Cross and food by the station, because the trains had stopped running. From my understanding other train stations were the same.

Over 367 flights were canceled and I believe that was just form Frankfurt and Nurnberg Airports, I dont know about the other airports. Thousands of travellers were stranded there as well.

what has been predicted for the length of stay for this crazy wind cycle ? I had heard last night at least 25 had been killed in Czech alone. guess that would depend on what media is telling the truth if they even know . . . . .......

It is expected to stay very rainy and windy through Sunday but and then a cold front will come in.

According to the weather though the next Orcan is on its way, but it is too early to tell how strong it will be.

In my limited world, I never realized Europe had storm events like this.
You are only supposed to have snow.

As for central Texas, you know it has been cold too long when you get
get excited by the prospect of 40 degrees...

I've heard for years the Baltic always gets very strange weather - when it once was Ost Preussia from close friends.

we have ice fog again at 27 F and a weather front is coming in right now so maybe a bit more white sluff, gropple, freezing rain .......... oh whoopie

feel the vibes, snow, snow, snow in Germany and throughout Europe

The worst storm was in 1999. Winds of 313kmh tore through Germany and caused severe damage and lots of injuries and quite a few fatalies. I remember it was pretty scary.

More snow in Denver...

Wind from the N (010 degrees) at 17 MPH (15 KT) (direction variable)
Visibility 1/2 mile(s)
Sky conditions overcast
Weather Light snow
Freezing fog
Precipitation last hour 0.01 inches
Temperature 25.0 F (-3.9 C)
Windchill 12 F (-11 C)
Dew Point 21.9 F (-5.6 C)
Relative Humidity 87%
Pressure (altimeter) 30.01 in. Hg (1016 hPa)

Today it was very windy (110kmh) but mostly sunny and a temp of 9 C.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be clowdy with about 3 C and later that night/early morning the snow is supposed to come. The Temp is supposed to drop on Tuesday to -2 and on Wed to -10C and stay that way for quite some time. Winter might have finally arrived..

I had heard last night at least 25 had been killed in Czech alone. guess that would depend on what media is telling the truth if they even know . . . . .......
Misinformation, it was "only" 4 people.

The so-called Kyrill Orcan, as named by the German meteorologics, killed at least 45 people all around Europe - Britain (10), Germany (11), The Netherlands (6), Poland (6), Czech Republic (4) and France (3). The casualities reach hundreds of Millions of Euros.

It has damaged my roof, by the way...

BBC NEWS | Europe | Poland battered by deadly storm

Our house came out without a problem even with 193kmh winds.

Well the snow is supposed to start tonight. They are called for about 40cm on Wed alone.

so the winds are down thank God ! snow is upon you finally .......... I expect fotos soon then :D

the ice fog is lifting so I can get off to do 4 hrs of work before it re-sets. this has to be the coldest fog winter I have seen here

Les for Presidente', Adler for Chancellor, Erich for the destroyer of ........ ?

sorry wrong thread 8)

Got 6 inches of snow yesterday - today it's 0 C, extremely sunny, when you're outside it feels like 10 C. By tomorrow the major highways will be totally clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back