The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

that was Quick Terry,pics was taken of the shackle on the nose you can just about see in this second pic of her

bob5286.jpg

and i took some shots of aircraft close up for this game

still didn't beat our Terry,

your up mate

Last edited:
Tch tch, using Wiki !!
But yes, it's an E.E. Lightning F1, this one of 74 Sqn, at Duxford. Didn't think it would take long.
Your turn Grampa - but remember, they are supposed to be from your own photos, according to Gary's guidelines.

Attachments

• Czech 006.jpg
    Czech 006.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 82
Sorry but it whont work for me. One is that I dont have any needed equiptment I need to take a photo-quiz and send it to you readers, second is that I dont have any aviation museum or any available military airbase in my town, the closest museum I know whould takes over 2h by train and train-tickets cost a lot here in Sweden so sorry I cant then make a quiz to you if I have to strictly follow Gary's guidelines. There is also many other members who whould love to join this game but sadly have to step out if they cant follow the guidlines. There are also people who once did a right answer, they to having trouble to follov the guidlines unless they like have a neighbour who happens to be a weteran from WW2 whit a real old combat aircraft he once used whitc now standing in his garden as a memorial from those old times, so the winning guy who now have to make a new quiz he also like me have to do a sort of "compromise" when searching for new quiz in the net. By the way about using wiki I did, there is no way to make a search by photo's to find the answere you looking for. It can only be done by words. I only did that link to show what plane it whas I thinked of if I did a wrong guess, and many entustiatic readers like a 8 years kids who might newer heard or know whitch Lightning im talking about, they might thinks its the old P 38 or the new F 35 so I thought It whould be good help to show them what im talking about.

Good points, and apologies if you thought I was being harsh - it was not intended.
From my point of view, for those who don't have their own photos, or the means to obtain them, then using 'archive' material is OK, if it means they are able to participate.
However, this could possibly lead to some very obscure, or rare, specimens being presented by those who do have their own material, by those individuals also using 'archive' material. This, in essence, is contrary to Gary's guidelines when setting up this 'quiz', and so I believe it is only fair for Gary to make the ultimate decision.
Regarding identifying the aircraft, personally I have only used experience or a guess (so far!), without consulting any references, but I guess that's personal choice.

Certainly had something about it David, and to see one thunder down the runway, lift off, and climb vertically, was really something! And this before the 'modern' jets from the late 1970s onwards.

Here comes my quiz if its ok? ps this device where added on later models.

Attachments

• gogo1.jpg
    gogo1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 70
Ok no one have made any guess so I have to add a second picture, Etiopien air force planned once to buy a number of this airplane.

Attachments

• try2.png
    try2.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 63
Sorry Woljags not the right answere, and for your curiosity Airframe the first picture shows a unusual placed guncamera.
Give you more pic.

Attachments

• detail4.jpg
    detail4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 62
Hm.I was going to suggest the twin-boomed SAAB pusher, the type number of which has escaped me, but that looks like a radial cowling up front, so it can't be that aircraft. Thinking cap back on .....

Nope its not a trojan or any trainer. More info here of that plane is that the construction was based on a tubular framework clad with wooden panels which carried part of the stress.

another pic. here.

Attachments

• gogo2.png
    gogo2.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

Back