The What is it? Game (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here you go Capt.Vic. Very interesting craft. Thank you for the schooling.:thumbright: And get well soon.

Attachments

• XB-43 test bed.jpg
    XB-43 test bed.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 123
  • XB-43 test bed2.jpg
    XB-43 test bed2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 124
Ah! It's an aircraft nose wheel!
Think it might be a Sabreliner?

Terry...what have we said about staying up all night under the duvet with a torch while surfing the net !....02.10 indeed !!!

I dont think its a Sabreliner as that looks like a prop tip behind the front wheel, to me, that makes it a twin turbo-prop (possibly ), low...possibly mid ?... wing mounted jobbie with a twin nosewheel setup so that rules out the Kingair / Queenair / Andover type of stuff.

In other words, I don't know so i'll go with a Convair CV440

Last edited:
I'll stick with the Convair theme and raise it from a 440 to a 580

Air Chathams ZK-CIB perchance ?

Last edited:
I see what you've done there Gary... Too easy; must dive into my foreign aviation images...

Too easy ???....Hard graft and countless hours racking the noggin trying to remember what twins I knew. Thought it had to be a 'heavy' of some sort :)

Have a go at this one

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 76
I'm getting a headache looking at the little guy bash himself in the head!

Bleed air tubes leading to a mixer, to which a hose is connected that has a valve of some sort, possibly butterfly that is actuated by lever presumably in the cockpit? The yoke has two grease nipples on it, so actuates something away from the camera; undercarriage? Where on the aircraft is this, Gary?

Looks like a nose gear compartment to me, but of what I do not know. White gear compartments usually mean Navy, but that's as far as my thinking goes. I'll say A-7 as a wild and completely unsubstantiated guess.

You are looking at a the nose gear of the A/C. It normaly has a cover over what you are looking at.

And sorry, its not an A7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back