The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

By the way, it was the XP-50, that had the elongated nose (for the intended 20mm cannon), but due to an inflight mishap on 14 May 1941: turbo-supercharger exploded, it now lies at the bottom of Smithtown Bay, off Long Island.

There was one each of the XP-50 and the XF5F...

By the way, it was the XP-50, that had the elongated nose (for the intended 20mm cannon), but due to an inflight mishap on 14 May 1941: turbo-supercharger exploded, it now lies at the bottom of Smithtown Bay, off Long Island.

There was one each of the XP-50 and the XF5F...

there was an extended nose XF5F, a tail dragger

blog-xf5f-4561351255_7aeaf5e1f6_o-edit1.jpg

that differed from the XF-50 that had a differently shaped long nose to accommodate it's tricycle landing gear along with differing cowlings

p50-3.jpg

p50-1.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I could think of with those air intakes. Ok....................................let's see now................................hhhmmmmmm........let's try this one.

Attachments

• IMG_1444 cropped.jpg
    IMG_1444 cropped.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 53
Well Norab, the tarmac is yours sir. I'm gonna have to go back to posting single rivets again.:lol: I thought the same thing Dave, until I noticed the intakes.

Attachments

• IMG_1444 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1444 resized 25 legal.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 51
Good one. I had a feeling I knew what it was, but couldn't remember the name/type !
Dave, the F-104 also has a side-opening canopy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back