Those little pictures...?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dec 27, 2011
Great Britain
Hello everyone!

I were wondering what those awesome little pictures of planes that some of you guys and gals have under your signatures are?
And how do you get them? I really want some for my name... Do I win them, or do I just simply save them and put them under my signature?

Since the subject has been raised, I'm going to stick my neck out. As a newbie to the site, I personally find them annoying. Seems like a pissing contest to me, who's got the biggest d**k.

I don't have anything againts signatures and these 'group builds planes' but I have signatures switched off, makes reading the forum much easier. You can do this in your profile settings.

And I will add: -
Many people here are flyers, or have been, and many try to reproduce models, either for their families (some of whom are veterans, many of whom have passed away), or perhaps as mementoes, or just because they enjoy re-creating a certain part of history in miniature.
Some are new to the 'aviation scene', some are 'old lags', some are experienced modellers, and some are brand-new to modelling.
The Group Builds have realised a h*ll of a lot of research, sharing knowledge, sometimes unknown facts, and bringing to attention some fascinating facts.
The 'P*ss*ng Contest' you mention has absolutely nothing to do with ego, or any other 'look at me aren't I good' scenario.
Rather, these little icons are a way of recognising the efforts of those who take part, either in the sharing of knowledge and experience, producing a 'monument' to an individual, or, in simple terms, just trying their best to take part and hopefully improve their skills.
The combined experience and knowledge of the members of this forum ensure that all those who require and ask for help, given that it is not for personal or financial gain, will get that help - freely and with no 'strings attached'.
If you have a problem with such people gaining a tiny little picture under their posts, may I suggest that you sit back, reflect and scan this forum more closely - then perhaps you can criticise.

Hello everyone!

I were wondering what those awesome little pictures of planes that some of you guys and gals have under your signatures are?
And how do you get them? I really want some for my name... Do I win them, or do I just simply save them and put them under my signature?
you can have all mine

And I will add: -
Many people here are flyers, or have been, and many try to reproduce models, either for their families (some of whom are veterans, many of whom have passed away), or perhaps as mementoes, or just because they enjoy re-creating a certain part of history in miniature.
Some are new to the 'aviation scene', some are 'old lags', some are experienced modellers, and some are brand-new to modelling.
The Group Builds have realised a h*ll of a lot of research, sharing knowledge, sometimes unknown facts, and bringing to attention some fascinating facts.
The 'P*ss*ng Contest' you mention has absolutely nothing to do with ego, or any other 'look at me aren't I good' scenario.
Rather, these little icons are a way of recognising the efforts of those who take part, either in the sharing of knowledge and experience, producing a 'monument' to an individual, or, in simple terms, just trying their best to take part and hopefully improve their skills.
The combined experience and knowledge of the members of this forum ensure that all those who require and ask for help, given that it is not for personal or financial gain, will get that help - freely and with no 'strings attached'.
If you have a problem with such people gaining a tiny little picture under their posts, may I suggest that you sit back, reflect and scan this forum more closely - then perhaps you can criticise.

Very nicely put Airframes.:salute:

I personally am not a modeller, however I am often awestruck by the quality of detailed work that goes into the models shown.

Those who post their pictures and/or enter Group builds have my greatest respect.

I do however have a huge interest in the aircraft of WW2

I personally am not a modeller, however I am often awestruck by the quality of detailed work that goes into the models shown.

Those who post their pictures and/or enter Group builds have my greatest respect.

I do however have a huge interest in the aircraft of WW2

Well, in that case, your the same as me.

Since the subject has been raised, I'm going to stick my neck out. As a newbie to the site, I personally find them annoying. Seems like a pissing contest to me, who's got the biggest d**k.

you could always just p*** off some where else and then they wont annoy you so much would they ?

if you took the time and did a bit of reading in the relevent threads then you'd see the amount of help everyone who asks for then recieves and eveyone is encouraged along the way rather more than just a p*****g contest i believe.

just my two pennies worth and i apologise for not being as tactful as Terry

Cool! Anyway, what do these group builds consist of? Do I go meet up with other people and build something with them? Is there an age limit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back