Those little pictures...?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, that's good then. I'm already building an Airfix Spitfire Mk Va with my Dad, as I got it for Christmas. It might not be so good, as 1. It's my first model and
2. I'm 11 years old o_O

i meant that my build would be so bad I wouldnt deserve any of the warbird little pics, so a loser banner would have to be invented.:)

Wojtek could always come up with a crashed aircraft icon....:)

Loser Banner would be for persons who make stupid remarks....these occur from time to time....:rolleyes:

I agree Glenn. Wonder what Dan (Lesofprimus) would have said.....

Was thinking the same thing....would have been Spectacularly colourful to say the least! :lol:

Well it does not take a fricken genious to figure this one out. The cost of a model kit versus the cost of an authentic WW2 Aircraft that could be restored. I mean seriously?
I do not have a million , my bank balance is in 3 digits , I live like many pay to pay and up until recent events I earned my keep on warbirds by doing things that most find below them and it didn't cost a cent . How many talkers came up to volunteer only to find out that they couldn't work on the engines and the other menial tasks were just so below them.
I'm trying to recall how many models were donated of White 14 it was lots , and you can't tell the folks "look we've got 67 models already donated so take it home and do whatever" .
Me personally I'll give some models a look because of subject matter but to see every piece you mount from 6 different directions with a pugdy thumb and chinese food menu its all to much for me .

another 2 cents to the mix. I started reading books about war when I was young. Then I became interested inbuilding a small replica of what I was reading about - tanks, airplanes, ships, etc. I built a respect for every aspect of war, from the soldiers to the machines. As I grew older I started to go to Airshows to get a personal perspective - as it was - on what I was interested in. Its because of all this during my life that I have a respect for those that fought. I can only guess that its many others like me who spend money on models and airshow tickets that keep musuems and the like going. Thats how I see my modelling over the years.

And its a hobby.

I'm not lucky enough to be a pilot, or to have served in a military capacity or to fix and maintain warbirds. I slog through my job and life with the only release from the stress being this forum and modelling.

Just my 2 cents.

I do not have a million , my bank balance is in 3 digits , I live like many pay to pay and up until recent events I earned my keep on warbirds by doing things that most find below them and it didn't cost a cent . How many talkers came up to volunteer only to find out that they couldn't work on the engines and the other menial tasks were just so below them.

Then that's really sad. IMHO they've entirely missed the point, and they were there for themselves and not for the subject mater. Even if I was in a B-17 scrubbing sh*t out if it, you would not be able to wipe the grin off my face for weeks! I personaly would love to w.ork on a WW2 bird, and nothing would be below me

And its a hobby.

I slog through my job and life with the only release from the stress being this forum and modelling.

couldn't agree more Njaco

but jeez guy's i didnt realise building a few models at the same time as others around the world to a very loose set of rules and the sticking up a small badge to show you've taken part would offend anybody so much !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want so many freakin' pictures at the bottom of my signature, there won't be any room for me to post anything. Some people might be agreeable to that :lol: As for wasting my time gluing bits of plastic together, I have snow on the ground for 6 months. Those are called bad golf months. We have four seasons here...early winter,winter,late winter and next winter. I hate snow and this is my release. Rant over, you may proceed with your normal forum browsing.

Geo

I want so many freakin' pictures at the bottom of my signature, there won't be any room for me to post anything. Some people might be agreeable to that :lol: As for wasting my time gluing bits of plastic together, I have snow on the ground for 6 months. Those are called bad golf months. We have four seasons here...early winter,winter,late winter and next winter. I hate snow and this is my release. Rant over, you may proceed with your normal forum browsing.

Geo
I'll have to show you some harsh winter one day lived north of 55 for more then a while as for the pictures on the bottom fill your boots

Last edited:
"I'll have to show you some harsh winter one day lived north of 55 for more then a while as for the pictures on the bottom fill your boots"
mack.JPG

001.jpg

No thanks :)

Geo

....... but wouldn't you guys prefer to be reworking actual air-craft? Maybe some of you do, I don't know, but there must be more value to using your time and efforts than producing, or rather assembling, pieces of plastic.

Yes I would, but I, like 90% of my forum mates, don't live within a half hour drive of a museum or know a billionaire who owns a real warbird. I'd also like to drink 100 year old cognac instead of my regular VSOP. Apples and oranges.

"I'll have to show you some harsh winter one day lived north of 55 for more then a while as for the pictures on the bottom fill your boots"
View attachment 188386
View attachment 188387
No thanks :)

Geo
and I'll raise you this, when I was in Labrador we got between 6-7 metres of snow a year but was to cold to use salt hence it was pure white

Attachments

• LAB-SNOW13.jpg
    LAB-SNOW13.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 120
Seems I've gotten under the skin of a few. Sorry about that but like I said, each to his own. For what it's worth, I've been privileged, I suppose, to have cleaned and marshalled the BBMF Spitfires and Hurricanes. Just love the sound of RR Merlins.
I can't match any of your snow photos but as I wish you all a very happy new year, spare a thought for us having to endure 41 (105.8) degrees today.

HAPPY NEW YEAR every one.

Lived on the Miramichi for a few they also got lots of snow but nothing like Labrador , had a BBQ on one New Years eve the BBQ melted through the snow and didn't see it again til June

:lol: That'd be pretty funny (or annoying). Last year we got nailed, mostly overnight, nothing compared to the 6-7 metres but still about 5 feet. This year you can still see grass, which is really strange.

Since the subject has been raised, I'm going to stick my neck out. As a newbie to the site, I personally find them annoying. Seems like a pissing contest to me, who's got the biggest d**k.

Well if you are looking hard enough you won't find it far away. First warning. Second will get you a few moments in the Ether. Trust me.

Since the subject has been raised, I'm going to stick my neck out. As a newbie to the site, I personally find them annoying. Seems like a pissing contest to me, who's got the biggest d**k.

A bit harsh don't you think.

Ebut there must be more value to using your time and efforts than producing, or rather assembling, pieces of plastic.

Its a hobby. Some people collect stamps, some build models.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back