TIME FOR THE NEW BANNER PICS..... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I really like Comiso's layouts!

I thought I'd toss a version in there for the heck of it...

Attachments

• ww2ac_262.jpg
    ww2ac_262.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 62
I really like Comiso's layouts!

I thought I'd toss a version in there for the heck of it...

Hey... that looks really cool.... nice composition! Good use of the layer mask

with border:

Attachments

• banner2C qith bordr.png
    banner2C qith bordr.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 90
  • banner2C qith bordr2.png
    banner2C qith bordr2.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 81
Here my idea....

Attachments

• baner1.jpg
    baner1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 80
  • baner2.jpg
    baner2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 106
  • baner2a.jpg
    baner2a.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 82
  • baner1a.jpg
    baner1a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 64
think it would be wise to put in multi-nationalities as W has shown and not make the banner one-sided with a particular A/C.

think it would be wise to put in multi-nationalities as W has shown and not make the banner one-sided with a particular A/C.

The existing banner has shown one aircraft from one nation for how many years?*correction two aircraft there's a stuka in there.*

Please dont tell me that political correctness is so pervasive that its affecting the banner on this website. I think people are thinking too much! Whats wrong with having an aesthetically pleasing banner that communicates the spirit of the site? Who gives a rip which aircraft are used? I dont get it.

WTF ?? are you talking about, I am gonna let ya on a little secret, several WW 2 vets I know take extreme offense when they have visited several WW 2 sites especially aviation and all they see is a German A/C displayed on the banner and it isn't political B.S. either. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and allow them to make a judgement call and have them stop by, join and post away their experiences.

The existing banner has shown one aircraft from one nation for how many years?*correction two aircraft there's a stuka in there.*

Please dont tell me that political correctness is so pervasive that its affecting the banner on this website. I think people are thinking too much! Whats wrong with having an aesthetically pleasing banner that communicates the spirit of the site? Who gives a rip which aircraft are used? I dont get it.

Hey man chill out...

I think he was saying that it needs to be changed so that it is not that way. He did not say that he thinks that the currect one is great or that it should be German aircraft.

Not a bad idea Erich. Maybe like the top one on #2 of this thread that I did. I could blend the images together so there wouldn't be such a hard edge between the different planes.

Thoughts?

If the banner image is set up so that it changes each time the page is refreshed, then you would have many aircraft nationalities represented over time.

For example, the first time the page loads, you see the image with a Spitfire and the next time the page loads, you see a Bf109, then a B-17 and so on...

The way a typical server database is set up, you could technically have an unlimited amount of images for the banner to select from, though I would imagine a half-dozen or so images would be easier to manage...

:)

If the banner image is set up so that it changes each time the page is refreshed, then you would have many aircraft nationalities represented over time.

:)

The program that is used to make this forum "V-Bulletin" does not have that capability. Each new mast head would have to me loaded manually by an admn.

It's been a while since I've worked on a global database, but you create a folder for your banner images, and edit your phpinclude template and the global.php file.

It's far easier to do than the JavaScript method used on older HTML sites, and takes just a few minutes to edit. :)

That one from Wurger is real nice - simple, bright and represents some of the major aircraft. I actually think that may be the best one.

Cosimo if you have the banner pic just without the Corsair, I may create a gif that changes automatically - like that Me 262 one but with a P-51 and Spit and Yak or the top 5 in the Best Fighter poll.

That one from Wurger is real nice - simple, bright and represents some of the major aircraft. I actually think that may be the best one.

Cosimo if you have the banner pic just without the Corsair, I may create a gif that changes automatically - like that Me 262 one but with a P-51 and Spit and Yak or the top 5 in the Best Fighter poll.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 52
Guys, I believe the VBullatin program is going to be changed by Horse in the near future... Something different, which is going to improve the site... Having 5 seperate country banners will work fine... A mix of different nationalitites is fine as well.....

Any and all designs will be considered, keep the different banners comin....

Ok, how about this?

Match up two popular rivals per banner...

Like the Spitfire and Bf109 with a BoB map in the background, the Me262 and the P-51D over a European map, the MC.202 and the P-40 with a North African map. Perhaps a Yak7 Fw190, or a Zero and a Corsair?

Comiso's layout is perfect, and I think it would look great plus it would appeal to all without running the risk of showing bias to any one particular.

I know there's literally hundreds of possibilities/combinations, but at least the major players are represented in a balanced way...

Just an idea :)

Guys, I believe the VBullatin program is going to be changed by Horse in the near future...

The color scheme of the interface itself will affect the color of the banners...If he chooses a different color then brown, some of the banners wont work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back