Top Five Songs , Top Five Albums

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll add those to my "to buy" list then .

My next buys are most likely going to be Soul Asylum - Let Your Dim Light Shine, Buckethead (w/ Les Claypool) - Monsters and Robots, Primus -Suck on This and Pixies - Come On Pilgrim.

Then I shall start buying some of the worthy mentions on here , mostly from Eric and Chris - naturally.

I have to admit the only reason I'm buying the album is because Les Claypool is on it , I've heard some of the album and it sounds amazing . But never a full song ...

I think it makes an interesting pair-up. Speaking of interesting mix-ups, the first 2 David Lee Roth albums are rockers with a hell of a line-up. Steve Vai on guitar, Terry Bozio on drums and Billy Sheehan on bass. That was one hell of a tight band. The 2 albums were "Skyscraper" and "Eat 'Em and Smile". Those 2 are CDs I break out when the summer weather hits. I don't know why, but they are just summer mood CDs to me. Crank it up with the windows down, and piss off your neighbors. :lol:

That's the kind of music I like ... my nextdoor neighbours who recently moved in a Chav scum , and like to listen to the usual turd people these days call music . And they play it LOUD - I reply with a usual blast of Rage Against the Machine, Alice in Chains or AC/DC ... after a song or two, they soon turn it down .

My music taste will always center on Grunge , but I like to branch out ... recently I've been desiring music where I can just rock out to all through the album ...

Tommy Morello has played with Les Claypool on Primus - Anti-Pop. I haven't heard the songs though .

Tommy Morello has played with Les Claypool on Primus - Anti-Pop. I haven't heard the songs though .
There are several guest artists on the Antipop Album by Primus... Morello only plays on song think.... Good album with a couple of great tracks...

Top 5 is tough for me but I'll try....

Clutch - Blast Tyrant
Primus - Suck on This
Helmet - Meantime
Soundgarden - Bad Motorfinger
Metallica - Master of Puppets

There are soooo many more great albums out there.....

Heres a listing of my favorite bands pD....

ACDC
Anthrax
Audioslave
Barkmarket
Beastie Boys
Biohazard
Black Sabbath
Black Label Society
Clutch
Corrosion of Conformity
Deftones
Downset
Dream Theatre
Element Eighty
Faith No More
Frank Zappa
Fudge Tunnel (English Band)
George Thorogood and the Destroyers
Godsmack
Helmet
Henry Rollins Band
Incubis
Janes Addiction
Jimmies Chicken Shack
Joe Satriani
Karma to Burn
Kings X
Kittie
Korn
Lamb of God
Led Zep
Limp Bizkit
Machinehead
Mastodon
Melvins
Metallica
Mr Bungle
Nirvana
Nonpoint
Pantera
Pearl Jam
Primus and anything Les Claypool does
Prong
Rage Against the Machine
Reveille
Rush
Sevendust
Slayer
Slipnot
Smashing Pumpkins
Soundgarden
Spider Rockets
Staind
Stereomud
Steve Vai
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Stuck Mojo
System of a Down
Temple of the Dog
Tree
Tool
UPO
Van Halen
White Zombie

Thats off my Windows Media Library....

Here is a list of my favorite bands, and I am sure that I will miss some of them.

This list is in no particular order either except that Metallica would be number one for me.

Metallica
Iced Earth
Megadeth
System of A Down
Shadows Fall
Moonspell
Motorhead
In Flames
Anthrax
Machine Head
Children of Bodom
Testament
Iron Maiden
Godsmack
Pantera
Dream Theatre
Slipknot
Lynerd Skinard
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Guns N Roses (Axle is an piece of shit though)
Marylin Manson
Lacuna Coil
Pearl Jam
Drain STH
Kittie
Abigor
Dimmu Borgir
Alice In Chains
Bathory
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Blind Guardian
Celtic Frost
Primus
Danzig
Fear Factory
Disturbed
Helloween
Korn
Nine Inch Nails
Rob Zombie
Savatage
Sepultura
Slayer
Siebenburgen
Dismal Euphony
Tool
Twisted Sister
Type O Negative
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alice Cooper
Billy Idol
Bush
Candlebox
Collective Soul
Puddle of Mudd
Def Leppard
Die Totenhosen
Rammstein
Faith No More
Foo Fighters
Guano Apes
HIM
Judas Priest
Kiss
Motley Crue
Live
Nickleback
Queensryche
The Scorpions
Queen
Skid Row
Smashing Pumpkins
The Offspring
Van Halen
Blue Oyster Company
Deep Purple
Jimi Hendrix
Bob Dylan
Creedance Clearwater Revival
Fleetwood Mac
Foghat
The Rollingstones
The Doors
Uriah Heep
Journey
Rush
3 Doors Down
Bruce Springsteen
Dire Straits
Joan Jet and the Blackhearts
REO Speedwagon
Santana
Steve Vai
The Eagles
Tom Petty
U2

Jeez thats a lot...

For what it worth, which isnt much, heres a list of my faves in no order:

Something Corporate
Jacks Mannequin
Funeral For a Friend
Alkaline Trio
Head Automatica
Matchbook Romance
Muse
My Chemical Romance
Nightmare Of You
Evanescence
Silverchair
The Starting Line
Fall Out Boy
System Of A Down
Taking Back Sunday
The Used
Within Temptation
Yellowcard
Metallica
AC/DC
All-American Rejects
Brand New
Bright Eyes
Dashboard Confessional
Disturbed
Rage Against The Machine
Jimmy Eat World
Less Than Jake

Cos I have the power ;)

Admittedly I have only heard a select few Metallica songs, but metal aint really my kinda thing...

Prince Plan_D of South Yourkshire:

Although I barely roam this section of this forum, I do recall you saying you like Cold Play somewhere else? Actually, Cold Play is an horrific piece of band. A dark nightmare suddenly unleashed from your closet when you open it in the morning to get your clothes for the day.

You know what an intense emotion can cause to your mood when you just got out of bed right?

To put a clearer perspective of what hearing Cold Play means, I could tell you of an example of nightmare. -This will be momentarily out of topic, but just hang on a bit.-

I have friends from the Pacific coast in this country. They drink alcohol as if the end of the world lied around the corner.

Well, when this guys get drunk and meet the next day with gruesome hangovers they have several remedies to heal that condition.

At the coast, they have one fundamental remedy used to heal hangovers. They go out to this small restaurants located eveywhere, called "Cocteleries". There you eat only cold sea food, called "Cocktails".

There, they order a variety of ice cold sea food. Shrimps, clams, crabs, octopus, scallops...all served very cold. Shrimps and octopus and crabs are cooked only in boiling water. Clams and scallops are eaten right as they come from the sea.

When the shrimps are taken out of the bowl where they were cooked, the broth resulting from boiling the shrimps in the water -with salt-, is left out to get cold.

When it is not hot anymore, they put the broth in a large stainless-steel bowl in a cooler filled with ice. Also the boiled shrimps and octopus are stored in those large coolers, so they too get ice cold.

Then you get a large, I mean real large, cup filled with shrimps, octopus, clams, etc...and that ice cold broth I told you about.

They add diced purple onion and cucumber to complete the cocktail, also a quantitiy of that thing called Clamato. Part of the cure is to add hot salsa to the cocktail.

In conclusion, it´s the combination of the cold spicy salty broth and seafood it what cures hangovers.

There you have the perfect recipe to get rid of your headover. An ice cold cocktail with hot salsa. By the way, those Cocktails are absolutely delicious. I eat them everyday when I go to the coast, although for the sole pleasure of the flavor, I hardly drink, and when I do, I know how to drink, so I do not have to go through what these guys go.

So where lies the example of nightmare I was referring to?

Well, last year I went with some of these friends to San Francisco, California. We went to a party were the thing was pretty much about being either homosexual or junkie, so we left quite early.

We went to this bar, and my friends drank like insane pigs running across the countryside pursued by a hungry pack of lions for 6 months non-stop.

Following morning, our hotel room smelled like a brewery, also the moaning and whinning from my friends who had all horrible hangovers was present.

What would these gremlins expect to get after mixing several kinds of beer -light and dark-, with rum, later some vodka, later on some tequila, then a little bit of rum and soda back again, champagne, even a gooddamn red wine bottle which costed the salary of half the people of Kampuchea throughout the entire bloody night?

So my beloved friends, accustomed to heal their hangovers with the Cokctails I did describe here, suddenly remembered that the place were they where waking up was not their beloved Pacific coast of Mexico where ice-cold-spicy seafood cocktails are made.

Rather, they were waking up in San Francisco, California, where such recipes would sound like the menu of another galaxy.

So there they were, trying to heal hangovers at McDonald´s eating some egg muffin and similar crappy items. Staring at the little thing in their hands with eyes suggesting it was all over. One of them suddenly yelled inside the restaurant: "ESTO ES UNA PESADILLA!!!!" -spanish for "this is a nightmare".

Instead of getting their beloved cold salty spicy fresh seafood cocktails they got a piece of warm chunk to heal themselves.

To my ears, super plan-d, Cold Play is just like the experience my friends endured in San Francisco.

A girl from this city, which is deeply in love with me, got her a ColdPlay tattoo. If there were any chances in the firmament that would eventually lead to a positive reponse from me to her, that sole tattoo cancelled them all. She ruined her life for good.

Next time I go to Europe to attend my fanclubs located in all main capitals of the continent, I will implement a new requirement for further admission of members: any Cold Play tattoos will imply a rejection of all application. (Sending a photo in the nude is one of the requirements).

8)

So my recommendation to you Sir is the following:

Get two albums from one the greatest bands ever to set foot on the planet:

Fields of the Nephilim.

The albums are (i) The Nephilim and (ii) Elizium.

I can bad mouth the Spitfire very much, a British item. Fields of the Nephilim are British. Although FoN -British item- no longer exists, say anything bad about them and I promise you next time I go to England, I will travel to where you live, and will have your ass thoroughly kicked.

Fields of the Nephilim IS the band. "Elizium" is the ultimate greatness ever achieved by any group of musicians.

It might be of interest to get acquainted with electronics. Note that I am referring to REAL ELECTRONIC music, and not that pointless, poppy, mindless, drug prescribing, jumping crap the entire world identifies and dances as "electronic music" today; things like those poor Ministry of Sound/ Buddha Bar things, or even worse those "Ibiza ambient", or "Cafe del Mar" compilations which virtually flood shelfs in music stores throughout the planet.

Compilations which have, say, 20 "songs", each from a different "artist" or "DJ". It´d appear that today, every cretin owning or -better- borrowing a Casio preset-sound keyboard and a turntable, can send his "compositions" to those labels and have their wit included in a release.

I am strictly referring to ELECTRONIC MUSIC.

There is this band that I highly recommend: Skinny Puppy, get an album "Last Rights". People who like it say it reminds you there is a hell beneath us.

I love the album but I do not believe in hell though.

Faster, darker, harder industrial music, a legendary band, Noise Unit, a great album "Strategy of Violence".

Another great band, Front Line Assembly. You can get "Hard Wired" or "Epitaph".

Nice evening gentlemen, got to get out of here.

8)

And here are bands I listen to most at the moment...

Metallica
AC/DC
Nirvana
RUSH
The Strokes
The White Stripes
Iron Maiden
Aerosmith
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Killers
U2
Coldplay
Radiohead
Guns n' Roses
Pink Floyd
Queen
Rage Against the Machine
Some Jack Johnson
Rolling Stones
Stereophonics

Ah man, Rage was freakin great... Unbelievable bass and guitar riffs, combined with some of the most militant lyrics known to mankind...

"Fuck you I wont do what you tell me..."

???????????????

Freakin great stuff, which is why Audioslave is probably the best band out there right now.... Combine one of the heaviest bands with the Greatest Singer to ever scream a third octive....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back