"Tweets" tab? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2008
Hurst, Texas
Why do I now have a Twitter side-tab over on the left side of my screen? Is there an option to get rid of that?

I think it's part of the new forum software and a way that the site owner (Horse) can update everyone on system status. I am no sure if it is configurable through the user CP. I looked and didn't see anything.

Updates and all would be fine, I can understand having something in place for that...I have the forum page bookmarked and my browser set to remember passwords for the site, so I don't see the login screen or anything posted there. Maybe have it disappear or not stick out as far when there's no new updates, or perhaps the ability to slide it up or down to get it out of the middle of the screen?

I only have a relatively small tweeter button called "tweeds". It only expands when I click with my mouse on it. Don't see the problem in that. The small box is easily ignored.

Last edited:
Yesterday
my tweets box had a red box with the number 4 in it on the top right corner, it's gone now but what was that? Was there 4 messages for me or something?

Don't see the box because I removed it with Firefox but for those that do see it is the forum twitter account link that horse uses when the forum is offline to keep everyone updated.

As for those that saw the 4 messages, there was about that number yesterday whilst horse was keeping us updated. Nothing to worry about and they are not for you personally.

Good to know it's nothing 'dangerous'. I've been keeping the cursor well away from it, in case I accidentally clicked on it, andinfected my computer, or launched an ICBM or something!!!

Holy crap!
So how can you both see ''Tweets'' tab?:lol:
Obviously
you've never stabbed a fibre-optic strand into your eye and stuck your fingers in a wall socket to power it; the bandwidth is very impressive and well worth the agony

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back