Unofficial group build: 'After the battle'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amazing what one clue can do in a search. I found this, which is more than I could have hoped for.

The Recovery Of The Last Brewster Buffalo

1/48th would be my choice. The Special Hobby? It has the proper markings in the kit. And the engine in detail would be important if I wanted to depict it in the water as in the above photo.

But then I don't really need a "detailed" cockpit. But the kit would be cheaper than adding an engine? And decals to suit?
Plus I will be sinking it in "water".

Thanks for every ones help. Can I pick um or what!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that link Bill. Tamiya also makes a one in 1/48 but it is the B-339 version which would need some modifications to make it "Finnish"

And then I find the CA kit is no longer available. I would have to get the USN version, $76, and a set of decals, $12. Didn't think I would have to salary sacrifice to foot the bill for this build.............................. I amy have to sell some of my books to do this one!

No need to sell my books, unless someone here would like to add to their collections. I have acquired a kit and saved more than I am paying, even with postage. So, game on!

Great to hear Bill!

Btw, I STILL have a 1:72 F-6F-5 Hellcat with your name on it, which was unable to be sent at the time and packed away when we moved ...still want it?

Got the Hellcat off last week Bill, you should get it any time now.

If you really have to part with some books, could you post titles on the 'I'll trade U 4 that' thread?

(Btw, scored the Tamiya 1:48 Buffalo myself today - found in a newly discovered second hand model shop!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back