Unofficial group build: 'After the battle'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers for the info guys. As for the Nissen hut and Control tower they are from the skaledale range I think and I agree pricey. But I thought they were 1/76th scale?

Yep, 1/76th scale, HO for model railways. It's OK if there isn't a 1/72nd scale item right up close, so will fit in with most dioramas or railway stuff without problems.

Just to clarify HO is 1/87th and 00 1/76th, 00 being adopted by the UK so trains could around tighter radius curves. :)

Cheers

Oops! Sorry Alex, you're right! I always seem to get it the wrong way around! I should know, as I had a model railway 'layout' in 'OO' with a small airfield included when I was about 14 or so!
BTW, Airfix have their control tower released again, which can easily be altered to one of the various wartime patterns (I've got on 'converted'), and there's also a Nissen hut in one of their 'Airfield Diorama' kits, I think the USAAF one.

I just stumbled onto this thread. Has anyone started anything yet? I recently purchased another Hs 129 but one of the props is busted so I should be able to build it to meet the requirements of this build.

Another one I've always wanted to build that I'm surprised no one mentioned is the underwater wreck. I think it would look cool as hell but would take a lot of work.

Dirk, I´m going to build an diorama about the wreck too, I got an Me-109, and now I´m collecting some pics about the 109 wrecks....

I think that this kind of diorama is so nice !!!

best regards,

Dirk, I´m going to build an diorama about the wreck too, I got an Me-109, and now I´m collecting some pics about the 109 wrecks....

I think that this kind of diorama is so nice !!!

best regards,

let me guess in 1/144 scale right? :shock: I'm still waiting to see the Stuka/ 262 dio to be finished. As always I can't wait to see your next project. Truly amazing stuff you do.

Dirk,

Yes, it will be done on 1/144 :D my favorite scale.

About the 262 project, I´ll return to it soon, I´m finishing this week the FU4-Corsair 1/48 to a client of mine , so I´ll can work on this project again :D :D

Great ideas guys! Really looking forward to seeing how your Ju 87/ Me 262 build pans out too Lucas!

As co-founder of the thread idea (the other is Heinz), I feel a bit guilty not having started my own projects yet...:oops: Hoping to organise the time for them shortly.

Thanks for reminding me Evan:oops:

Forgot I was a founding member!!

Gave it some thought today and found this shot of a 112sqd Kittyhawk that landed badly in a dust storm. This also has some significance for me as I have photos of 112sqd Kittyhawks taken by my Grandfather who was a desert rat.

Source: http://www.mts.net/~royb/112_photos_page_2.html

Attachments

• AK583gax.jpg
    AK583gax.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 221
You've just spurred me on guys! I forgot about the Fire Dump Spit! It's been sitting at the back of the W.I.P. 'storage bench', hidden behind other stuff - I'll see if I can get it finished in it's current thread, then post the final pics here.

Good to have ya aboard Bill!

Yep, Terry's right, Brewster B-339 Buffalo, pulled up in fantastic condition and unfortunately gone to the 'States. This is the last known surviving Buffalo.

I don't know what scale you want to do this in, but there are atleast 6 kits in 1:72:
Older 60's/70's kits - Airfix, Matchbox, Revell USA (nice little kit);
New tool - Hasegawa (2 or so versions I think, including Finn) and 2 or 3 versions by Special Hobby (great kits, injection moulded with full resin cockpit and engine)

Look forward to your build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back