VERY SLOW

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Took almost 10 minute to be able to do anything, kept getting server error or locked page. Couldn't even log out. 0900 PST.

Geo

It's possible the soft was updated. Today's updating for my OS was of 29MB or so. Just the server needs more time for checking and updating of all thing there.

Yep, I try to stay away at 10pm MST. Something seems to go on that slows the forum down every day at that time.

I think it is because of automatic maintenance. There is a couple of scripts that runs with the forum soft keeping its proper working.

Ah Ha! So that was the problem!
I thought it might be either the recent problem with the transmitter mast near me, or maybe a computer glitch at my end. Since the support for Windows XP ended last month, I've experienced a number of odd things happening.

Since the support for Windows XP ended last month, I've experienced a number of odd things happening.
My XP system (actually, two of them) is running smooth as ever. Of course, now that I've just said that...

And anytime we experience delays on the site here, you're more than welcome to borrow my 1987 i386 tower and relive the old days of raw, brute force computing...be prepared to move at the speed of rust. :lol:

Yep.. but it wasn't the forum methinks. I have connected a couple of times with the site during the break. And it works. I have noticed about 140 users on line but there were 3 members only and 137 guests. It is possible the connection port was overloaded because when the number hit down to 60 I regained the connection.All seems to work fine at the moment.

After a while the number of people on line increased up to 115 and the connection has been lost. Again when the number decresed to 75 all started work fine. It is possible the main connection port was overloaded. A spammer's attack was possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back