Vought for the day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
The old Airfix 1/72 Vought OS2-U Kingfisher, brought up to date with re-scribing, a vac canopy, photo-etch cockpit set, custom decals etc.

Kingfisher_02.jpg

Kingfisher_03.jpg

Kingfisher_01.jpg

That's a good looking build and though not a 1/72 fan, the review in this month's Scale Aviation Modeller I'm somewhat tempted to get one once they hit the Aussie market.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks for your feedback!'

WOW in 1/72 !! Looks better than the 1/48th I did many years ago. What did you use for rigging the floats, looks to scale VERY NICE.

Cheers Hawkeye; the vertical wires are from the White Ensign photo-etch set, the cross-braces are stretched sprue.

Thanks again guys. I don't think the Airfix Kingfisher is currently available, but they're easy enough to find on eBay and suchlike, and much cheaper than the Pavla kit :)

Cow's ear into silk purse! I remember an article in Scale Aircraft Modelling many, many moons ago (methinks 'twas about super-detailing the Airfix Wildcat) about how all you need is a good basic outline to turn an old, out-dated hunk of plastic into something special. This model exemplifies that approach! Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back