Vought for the day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
The old Airfix 1/72 Vought OS2-U Kingfisher, brought up to date with re-scribing, a vac canopy, photo-etch cockpit set, custom decals etc.

That's a good looking build and though not a 1/72 fan, the review in this month's Scale Aviation Modeller I'm somewhat tempted to get one once they hit the Aussie market.

WOW in 1/72 !! Looks better than the 1/48th I did many years ago. What did you use for rigging the floats, looks to scale VERY NICE.

Hey, nice work. I've seen pics of that plane in the water (I think it was that one), and it sure looks different out of water. Cool. 8)

Thanks for your feedback!'

WOW in 1/72 !! Looks better than the 1/48th I did many years ago. What did you use for rigging the floats, looks to scale VERY NICE.

Cheers Hawkeye; the vertical wires are from the White Ensign photo-etch set, the cross-braces are stretched sprue.

Thanks again guys. I don't think the Airfix Kingfisher is currently available, but they're easy enough to find on eBay and suchlike, and much cheaper than the Pavla kit

Cow's ear into silk purse! I remember an article in Scale Aircraft Modelling many, many moons ago (methinks 'twas about super-detailing the Airfix Wildcat) about how all you need is a good basic outline to turn an old, out-dated hunk of plastic into something special. This model exemplifies that approach! Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread