WARBIRD FLIGHTS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

peter d

Recruit
Feb 5, 2016
Hi .Hope these pictures are of some interest to you all.I was luckey enough to take an hours flight in the Stallion 51 Mustang Crazy Horse in Florida a few years ago,likewise i flew in the Jet Povest MK3 from Newcastle airport as well ,great times.

Attachments

• Image (3).jpg
    Image (3).jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Image (5).jpg
    Image (5).jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Image (2).jpg
    Image (2).jpg
    207 KB · Views: 58
  • Image (6).jpg
    Image (6).jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Image (8).jpg
    Image (8).jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Image (9).jpg
    Image (9).jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Image (7).jpg
    Image (7).jpg
    276 KB · Views: 68
  • Image (10).jpg
    Image (10).jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 64
I absolutely hate it when people bastardize paint jobs just to look "cool," with no thought for historical accuracy. On the Mustang, the invasion stripes are totally wrong. Not many of the D models had the full stripes anyway. Plus, the 487th FS (blue on vertical stabilizer) had the serial numbers put on differently. They bore the fuselage code "HO," not "DS" and the aircraft code was on the vertical stabilizer not the fuselage. I feel it does a serious dishonor to the men who fought and died in them to have their notoriety used as a publicity gimmick to sell rides in aircraft.

-Irish

I absolutely hate it when people bastardize paint jobs just to look "cool," with no thought for historical accuracy. On the Mustang, the invasion stripes are totally wrong. Not many of the D models had the full stripes anyway. Plus, the 487th FS (blue on vertical stabilizer) had the serial numbers put on differently. They bore the fuselage code "HO," not "DS" and the aircraft code was on the vertical stabilizer not the fuselage. I feel it does a serious dishonor to the men who fought and died in them to have their notoriety used as a publicity gimmick to sell rides in aircraft.

-Irish
Thanks for the positive reply !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back