Welcome to 2018! :: Updates and Changes going forward. Thoughts?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
Welcome to 2018! :hello2:

Hope your New Years went well.

Starting this thread to get your feedback on the site.
  • Things that you wish were different?
  • Features you'd like to see?
  • New forum sections?
  • Forum organization?
  • Appearance and layout?
  • Etc any other inputs

I will keep this open and update with some thoughts of my own. Things I'd like to add to the site. Please opine, I look forward to your input.

David

Thank you David and a very Happy and Prosperous New Year to you with many more to come.
I mentioned a while back to one of the Mods the possibility of a section devoted to UAVs, Drones, Quadcopters, ect. I know that Joe has several and is a certified Drone pilot so the knowledge is certainly here on the forum.
I personally have been interested in them for several years and have and fly several. I have one almost professional quad a Hubsan H501S-S with video camera, GPS, Altitude Hold, and FPV. I am seriously looking at DJI for my next.
It would be nice to share knowledge, tips, suggestions, product reviews, etc. with others. Here in the US it is becoming very popular and perhaps among several on the forum? Possible?

Happy New Year David. Just one small annoying thing that I would change is that the drop down menus at the top stay open when the pointer passes over them. With my flubby hands I seem to open these inadvertently quite often and I physically have to click back in the header to get rid of it. If possible, I'd prefer a hover feature where the drop down disappears when you mouse away from it.

Oh, and thanks for all the support that your are giving to the site.

Capture.JPG

Happy New Year Mr. Horse. Site is coming together nicely with all the improvements. One thing I would like and maybe it's here and I've missed it, is the ability to upload personal videos. As it stands, I have to first upload the video to Youtube and then transfer the link to this sight Maybe the site isn't designed for this, just a thought

At this moment I just wish you a prosperous 2018, David, with new and many satisfactions.
Thank for the great work and team that makes up the forum.
Any suggestions or recommendations that arise, count on it.

Saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos
SANCER

Happy New Year Mr. Horse. Site is coming together nicely with all the improvements. One thing I would like and maybe it's here and I've missed it, is the ability to upload personal videos. As it stands, I have to first upload the video to Youtube and then transfer the link to this sight Maybe the site isn't designed for this, just a thought

What file format and what size are the videos?

Happy New Year David. Just one small annoying thing that I would change is that the drop down menus at the top stay open when the pointer passes over them. With my flubby hands I seem to open these inadvertently quite often and I physically have to click back in the header to get rid of it. If possible, I'd prefer a hover feature where the drop down disappears when you mouse away from it.

Oh, and thanks for all the support that your are giving to the site.

View attachment 477704

I will have to look into the timing for the dropdown. I see what you are saying.
What browser are you using?

Oh and David, the theme is still rubbish on my Android phone. Nearly unusabl. It's slow, keeps loading forever and its' hard to even type a message.

And another thing, I would like to have the birthdays back. It was always a nice personal touch to start a thread for a member's birthday. We lost it with this Xenforo system.

Last edited:
......Just one small annoying thing that I would change is that the drop down menus at the top stay open when the pointer passes over them. With my flubby hands I seem to open these inadvertently quite often and I physically have to click back in the header to get rid of it. If possible, I'd prefer a hover feature where the drop down disappears when you mouse away from it....

Andy, also you may click anywhere on the grey background of the forum if you want to close the opened menus.So you don't need to get back the the header to get rid of it.

The point is not having to click anywhere. I just find it annoying when the drop downs stay open but it's still a small annoyance. Lots of good things have been done and I appreciate those.

Do you use the mouse or it happens on the mobile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back