Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2011) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I didn't get the placings in the [EDIT] OOB 1/32 Single Prop Category. I think they might have all been from the same guy:

First up, a 442 Squadron Mustang. I didn't catch the kit manufacturer.

P-51 Tamiya.jpg

Tamiya Zero:

Zero Tamiya.jpg

A rather glossy Zukei Mura Ta-152:

Ta 152 Zoukei Mura.jpg

And a Trumpeter Me 262:

Me 262 Trumpeter.jpg

Last edited:
I agree Cory. None of these really stood out for me. The finish on the Mustang could also be better and the meatballs on the Zero have the decal film quite visible.

Not bad, but the overall finish of all of them is lacking in parts. The Mustang seems to be suffering slightly around the windscreen joint and the shape of the w/screen side panes too. Was this person the only one to enter this section by any chance?

Not 100% sure Terry it seemd there was just one guy there. Oops, just realized I stated the category wrong. It should in fact be OOB 1/32 Props and Jets. I've edited the post. Superdetailed 1/32 are coming up in a couple of posts and there are some beauties there.

I agree guys. Let's move on to a few more.

Only one entry in the 1/72nd scale OOB Multi-engined Prop category, a Do 217N-1 from Italeri with some rather silvery decals.

Do 217 N-1 Italeri.jpg

Next we have two from the 1/48 Multi-engined prop category:

A fine Accurate Miniatures B-25:

B 25 Accurate Miniatures Silver.jpg

And one for Vic and Bob, this Tamiya Ta 154.

Ta 154 Revell Gold.jpg

Good stuff, I like the B25, although don't think the canopy upper frames are correct. Methinks the Dornier might be from a youngster or beginner; if so, good work.

Very true Wayne. So let's change tack and look at the 1/32nd Scale Super-detailed Props and Jets category. This beautiful Hasegawa Bf 109G-6 won Bronze believe it or not!

Hasegawa 109G-6 Bronze 1.jpg

The model stands up to close scrutiny very well with, I think, just the right amount of panel line highlighting. The dog is pretty amazing too, tongue and all!

Hasegawa 109G-6 Bronze 2.jpg

Note the added rivets.

Hasegawa 109G-6 Bronze 3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back