Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2011)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Let me guess: The wing to fuselage seam at the leading edge in the second pic, and the unfilled gap between the wing halves over the radiator flap in the 3rd pic?

Before I take a short break from this thread, let me fulfill a promise and post this picture of an Air Canada A340 that was entered by a young chap at the show. I think he was pretty proud of his build, and rightly so!

Attachments

• Air Canada A340.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking a snap of my A340! I apologize that I didn't know you were only photographing WW2 models, had I known I wouldn't have requested the picture. It was a great day and I hope to see you again next year! Once again, thanks!

All the best,
-Charlie

PS. Some really good models you showed here ...

You're very welcome Charlie. I just wanted to squeeze your entry in before heading off for a short vacation. Actually, I took lots of pictures and not just of WW2 subjects so no apologies necessary. And welcome to the forum!

OK, back to the Super Detailed Props and Jets category 1/32 and larger, Gold went to this beautiful scratch built CT-133:

Silver went to this rather grunged up Tamiya Phantom.

Love the CT 133. Scratch built ?? Heck! I know there's a 1/32nd scale kit around, but if that's all scratch built, it's one heck of a nice job!
The Phantom suits the look of a well-used carrier bird - but the glossy black areas, especially the radome, aren't in keeping with the rest of the airframe, which spoils the effect slightly. Nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread