Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2011)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Let me guess: The wing to fuselage seam at the leading edge in the second pic, and the unfilled gap between the wing halves over the radiator flap in the 3rd pic?

Before I take a short break from this thread, let me fulfill a promise and post this picture of an Air Canada A340 that was entered by a young chap at the show. I think he was pretty proud of his build, and rightly so!

Attachments

• Air Canada A340.jpg
    Air Canada A340.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking a snap of my A340! I apologize that I didn't know you were only photographing WW2 models, had I known I wouldn't have requested the picture. It was a great day and I hope to see you again next year! Once again, thanks!

All the best,
-Charlie

PS. Some really good models you showed here ...

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking a snap of my A340! I apologize that I didn't know you were only photographing WW2 models, had I known I wouldn't have requested the picture. It was a great day and I hope to see you again next year! Once again, thanks!

All the best,
-Charlie

PS. Some really good models you showed here ...

You're very welcome Charlie. I just wanted to squeeze your entry in before heading off for a short vacation. Actually, I took lots of pictures and not just of WW2 subjects so no apologies necessary. And welcome to the forum!

OK, back to the Super Detailed Props and Jets category 1/32 and larger, Gold went to this beautiful scratch built CT-133:

CT-133 Scratch Built 1.jpg

Ct-133 Scratch Built 2.jpg

Silver went to this rather grunged up Tamiya Phantom.

Tamiya F4J Silver.jpg

Love the CT 133. Scratch built ?? Heck! I know there's a 1/32nd scale kit around, but if that's all scratch built, it's one heck of a nice job!
The Phantom suits the look of a well-used carrier bird - but the glossy black areas, especially the radome, aren't in keeping with the rest of the airframe, which spoils the effect slightly. Nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back