Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2012)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Final two in this category: Italeri FW 190F-8 and an MPM N1K1 Shiden.

Attachments

• Italeri FW190F8.jpg
    Italeri FW190F8.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 63
  • MPM N1K1 Shiden.jpg
    MPM N1K1 Shiden.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, struck me as odd too but I chalked that up to my lack of knowledge of Japanese types. Maybe a poor kit representation or maybe real - perhaps Wayne'll know.

Anyhoo, let's try the OOB 1/72nd scale multiple engined prop category. Of 4 entries, gold went to this Revell IL-4, although I see some imperfections here.

Revell IL 4 Gold.jpg

Silver went to this Zvezda Pe-8

Zvezda Pe 8 Silver.jpg

I don't recall the shiden kai have such a swept wing form. Looks odd to me.

The wings do look a tad odd, in that they do appear to be swept back ever so slightly....shape is correct though.
This one is the N1K1 Shiden where the wings are mid fuselage, the N1K2 is the Shiden-Kai with the wings in the lower normal position, the Shiden-kai was a redesign of the N1K1 creating a different and much improved fighter aircraft.

Yup, I agree. Here are the other two: Italeri A-26 and a Trumpy Wellington. The Wellington took 3rd, if my records are right.

Attachments

• Italeri A 26.jpg
    Italeri A 26.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Trumpeter Wellington Bronze.jpg
    Trumpeter Wellington Bronze.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 94
Good stuff. I do like the A-26 as a model, and that one looks pretty good. The Wellington is good too - not easy to get the white looking suitably 'mucky'. The framing on the glazing is ever so slightly 'rough', but if that's 1/72nd scale, it's been done well, and won't be as noticeable to the naked eye. Good one. (keep trying to resist getting their Wellington III in 1/48th scale ...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back