Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2012)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More WWI birds now. This category is for Mulit-Winged and/or Wirebraced, any scale. The SE5 in the earlier post actually belonged in this category. I inadvertently included it with the Sopwith Triplane which was actually all by itself in the Multi-media/Vacform/Scratch-built category.

Gold and Silver went to an Eduard Albatross DV and a Roden Nieuport 28, respectively, both in 1/48 scale. Not sure what got Bronze unfortunately but I'll post the others next.

1_48 Eduard Albatross DV Gold.jpg

Roden Nieuport 28 1_48.jpg

I'm really liking he WWI birds lately. Perhaps a bit too much gloss but the execution is phenomenal. Makes me want to do some.

Come on RETIREMENT!!

Time to get off my butt and keep this thread going. Next up are the OOB 1/72 scale single engined jets. Gold goes to an Italeri F-100D Super Sabre, Silver to the Airfix F-86 (which looks like it could have used a bit more nose weight), and Bronze to a Yak 15 by PM Models.

1206025.jpg

1206023.jpg

1206024.jpg

Next category is Moderate Detail Single Engined Props and Jets 1/32 scale and up and there are some really nice ones here, starting with this gold medalist Hasegawa P-47:

12060215.jpg

12060216.jpg

Silver went to another Hasegawa Thunderbolt, this time a Razorback:

12060217.jpg

12060218.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back