Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2012)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like the Mitchell II, a little too clean for how they looked by that period, but nicely done. Must get around to doing my Mitchell III, and this has given me the kick I needed.

You know what stands out to me is the canopy glass. While the framing could be better the weather effects on the glass looks much better than an all to typical perfect Future sheen.

Just looked at the Mitchell again. Not sure if it's the lighting, or shadows, or what, but it looks like it has some sort of camouflage pattern, as if it's been painted in two shades of green. None of the operational RAF Mitchells had a two-tone pattern (including this Royal Netherlands Naval Air Service squadron) - they were delivered in Olive Drab/Neutral Gray. Those sent as trainers to Bermuda, and the first couple of trials aircraft at Boscombe, were delivered in RAF 'equivalent colours' to Dark Green, Dark Earth, but didn't see operational or squadron service.

Terry, I think it's the crappy lighting coupled with my crappy photography that make it look as if there are two tones. To the best of my recollection the aircraft was correctly painted in one overall olive shade.

The runner up up this category is another Tamiya Lanc:

Attachments

• Tamiya Lancaster 2.jpg
    Tamiya Lancaster 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Tamiya Lancaster.jpg
    Tamiya Lancaster.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Thanks Andy, I had a feeling it might be due to fluorescent lighting. That's a very nice conversion to the Lancaster MkII, nicely done, and looks the part.

Here are a couple of rotary wing models, each the only entry in their category as far as I know. The nice little Huey is a 1/72 scale Revell model entered in the detailed category and the other is a 1/48 OOB Focke-Achgellis Fa 223 by Special Hobby.

Attachments

• 1_48 Special Hobby Focke Achgelis Fa223.jpg
    1_48 Special Hobby Focke Achgelis Fa223.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1_72 Revell Huey.jpg
    1_72 Revell Huey.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back