What annoyed you today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck Eric, you deserve it!

Well guys I am having some surgery tomorrow. Just minor to have a lypoma re-removed from my back. Pretty minor stuff, not much to worry about. Only sucks because it is right next to my spine and the second time I am having it removed.

Just got back from having my surgery about 2 hours ago. The whole surgery lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. What really annoyed me was the fact that the shots they give you to numb the area that they are cutting open did not work very well, so needless to say I had a 3 inch cut into my back next to my spine and I can feel pain from everything he is doing. Fortunatly after a few more minutes it numbed completely and then I did not feel anything.

I got real mad at the nurse for telling the Doc I was ready when obviously it was not when he put the scappel to my back!

ouch, but it was still a successful op. yeah?

what annoyed me? just about everyone else getting a free period on our first day back whilst i'm stuck in double history followed by tripple maths :lol:

I just received my first author pay check today. For the months of May, June and July 2006...

And the amount of the check is...

$1.95 USD.

According to the information letter sent with the check, only the books sold directly from PublishAmerica were paid automatically. Resellers like Amazon or Barnes Noble have up to three months to pay the publisher (so the author too).

Welcome to the glamorous world of publishing. My on-demand publishing company delivers royalties quarterly. The bummer was in Q2 I had some good sales and had a spike in Q3, just after the Q2 royalty came. What sucks is that I can see the money in the account and can't do anything until the next quarterly check. But at least you are making sales. I know $1.95 isn't much, but it all starts with one sale.

Thanks for the encouragements.

On my side I get checks twice a year (one in August and the other in February). Does you book(s) get any attention by the medias, Evan ? Because on my side, I sent media kits to every French/English medias within Canada that I knew of... None answered.

May be I should try several American medias... :-k

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was a prolific author. I have my calendar sales for my photos and the occasional magazine or periodical sale. I am going to do a photo book at the end of the year though using shots from the air show season, like a photo journal for the year.

My father-in-law is a textbook author (anatomy and physiology), so I have learned a lot from him about publishing and royalty payments.

I don't know a lot about media kits for what I have done so far. But I can see if my father-in-law knows much about it. Obviously, the textbook market is a bit different from yours, but he does work with a publisher. I know our local Borders and Barnes and Noble stores constantly have authors there doing signings and appearances. You might see if there is a local thing like that you can do to at least get your face out there. Real important locally as people have a tendency to want to support local artists, writers and talent.

Ha ha ha, wish we pissed fuel and it rained alcohol like twice a week, so that if you drink beer and you have one major pee you go to the car and make your donation.

Would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back