What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That reminds me of the old Paul Simon seventies song - slip sliding away
Back in 1977, TDY to Carswell AFB, an ice storm hit. The roads were not just slippery but rough, as if paved with ice cubes; we could only do a little over 20 mph. Driving back up I-35 to Tinker AFB in my friend's 1959 Ford, we remarked on the song "slip sliding away." Turned out he had added some radiator stop leak and ended up stopping up the heater core, so no heat to speak of. In addition, his push button AM radio was defective in that the tuning knob did not work, only the push buttons. You could tune in stations only by simultaneously pushing two buttons and carefully using them to stop the tuning when you slid by a station. Fortunately when we got to Ardmore, OK the ice stopped so we could proceed at a faster pace.
And now my feet feel cold....

Recently ordered (and had to pay for) a new rear number plate as the rear of our smaller car sticks out the back of the carport
so the plate has faded badly. I thought his was the right thing to do plus I didn't want to get be stopped by the police and
given a ticket for it.

No problem. Went in to the licensing centre, showed my licence and ordered the plate ($45 I think).

A couple of weeks later a letter arrived telling the plate was ready to be picked up. Reading through I found that the plate
may or may not be drilled correctly as different mounting types are now used. Not a big problem but not expected. Then
the letter tells me I have to show up with X number of ID verifications but the car license does't count. When I go in I will
be asking why I have to show ID for a plate only I can use and why the hell anyone would try to scam getting a single
plate anyway.

Next I got a message from one of my employers stating that they had been fined $60,000 for employing someone from
overseas who didn't have residency in Australia and was working illegally. I thought so what. Well, what ended up being
that the rest of us now have to prove our residency. i told them that I had a valid tax file number because I was able to
show that I was an Australian citizen when I first got my TFN about 300 years ago. An admin ponsonby decided that
previous valid approval given by the tax office wasn't good enough. I thought yeah,sure, just because you didn't check
up properly on someone else the rest of us have to provide all sorts of stuff that we really don't need to.

Apart from that everything is fine.
I am from the government and am here to help.

Woke in the early morning with pain in my side, couldnt take a deep breath. Last time I felt this was 1968, had a crash on my Honda, broke my femer. Had a blood clot find it's way from my right leg, had a pin put innit. The clot went thru my heart and lodged in the bottom of my left lung.

Been pretty tired and slept a bit after some pain tablets. Coming good this evening. May get xrays tomorrow. 👍

Woke in the early morning with pain in my side, couldnt take a deep breath. Last time I felt this was 1968, had a crash on my Honda, broke my femer. Had a blood clot find it's way from my right leg, had a pin put innit. The clot went thru my heart and lodged in the bottom of my left lung.

Been pretty tired and slept a bit after some pain tablets. Coming good this evening. May get xrays tomorrow. 👍
get to hospital, maybe it is nothing but if it is get it taken care of,

This story annoyed me today.

"The remains of a Second World War pilot missing since he embarked from north Africa on a mission in a bomber jet on July 1943 have been discovered in a painstaking forensic investigation eight decades later.
The B-25 Mitchell bomber departed Tunisia to attack the Sciacca Aerodrome in Sicily with six crew members on board – but was struck by anti-aircraft fire, and crashed in a field less than 3 kilometres from its target."

I think it is great that the remains of Gilbert Haldeen Myers, a 27-year-old 2nd Lieutenant from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and co-pilot of the B-25 have been discovered and that people are still looking for men like him. It is never too late for any of the tens of thousands missing in action.

It annoys me that the journalist who wrote the story could not Google 'B-25 Mitchell' and consequently not write 'bomber jet'.

Last edited:
It annoys me that the journalist who wrote the story could not Google 'B-25 Mitchell' and consequently not write 'bomber jet'.
But it was only a few years between the Wright Bros and Jets, right?
And since they had jets in WW II it is a simple mistake?
Journalist with a fine career in weather reporting ahead ;)

"The remains of a Second Worls War pilot missing since he embarked from north Africa on a mission in a bomber jet on July 1943 have been discovered in a painstaking forensic investigation eight decades later.
The B-25 Mitchell bomber departed Tunisia to attack the Sciacca Aerodrome in Sicily with six crew members on board – but was struck by anti-aircraft fire, and crashed in a field less than 3 kilometres from its target."

I think it is great that the remains of Gilbert Haldeen Myers, a 27-year-old 2nd Lieutenant from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and co-pilot of the B-25 have been discovered and that people are still looking for men like him. It is never too late for any of the tens of thousands missing in action.

The news media is riddled with incompetent boobs who's only skill is to be able to read a Teleprompter and look concerned.

"The remains of a Second Worls War pilot missing since he embarked from north Africa on a mission in a bomber jet on July 1943 have been discovered in a painstaking forensic investigation eight decades later.

I saw that, after years of seeing "jet" inserted into Daily Mail articles I believe it is deliberate, to get people to make comments and spread the article around the "net". They had one about a WW2 Dakota with lots of pictures, to put "jet" in that article means the writer doesnt know what a jet actually is.

I saw that, after years of seeing "jet" inserted into Daily Mail articles I believe it is deliberate, to get people to make comments and spread the article around the "net". They had one about a WW2 Dakota with lots of pictures, to put "jet" in that article means the writer doesnt know what a jet actually is.
There is a statue in St. Paul, Minnesota commemorating those Minnesotans that fought in the Civil War. I have seen numerous articles and news stories that have referred to it as a statue of a Confederate soldier. Minnesota was and is a part of the Union. Just goes to show the quality of American education these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back