What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My son is two grade levels ahead of his peers. My youngest is one grade level ahead and this year my 13 year old has hit her stride. They are hard headed (like me), but understand consequences and respect, something my 15 has had a hard time understanding.

My son is two grade levels ahead of his peers. My youngest is one grade level ahead and this year my 13 year old has hit her stride. They are hard headed (like me), but understand consequences and respect, something my 15 has had a hard time understanding.
Do you believe the 15yr old is intellectually smart as well? I am wondering if it is a case that they are not challenged at school or perhaps their interests lie elsewhere. I have seen this in the past, including with family members.

Do you believe the 15yr old is intellectually smart as well? I am wondering if it is a case that they are not challenged at school or perhaps their interests lie elsewhere. I have seen this in the past, including with family members.
No, She has always been behind the others. She has other interests, one that she developed was an addiction to Youtube. The other was fabricating stories about everything and anything. She developed this high interest during COVID. We control how much time all the children spend online. We didn't want them to become enamored with the internet. She wants to be a singer and skip the finishing high school part. I have seen this in other children at school who are hooked on their phones, especially on the middle school side. It's so bad teachers walk out and don't come back. I have taught middle school most of my 11 years teaching, mostly DL. Even this group has become difficult to teach. It wasn't as difficult before COVID.

Last edited:
No, She has always been behind the others. She has other interests, one that she developed was an addiction to Youtube. The other was fabricating stories about everything and anything. She developed this high interest during COVID. We control how much time all the children spend online. We didn't want them to become enamored with the internet. She wants to be a singer and skip the finishing high school part. I have seen this in other children at school who are hooked on their phones, especially on the middle school side. It's so bad teachers walk out and don't come back. I have taught middle school most of my 11 years teaching, mostly DL. Even this group has become difficult to teach. It wasn't as difficult before COVID.
Well for a year or more, kids were forced to stay home and do everything online.
What did you expect?
At least here, the private schools reopened in the fall of 2020 and dealt with outbreaks as they developed. My kid's middle school was down for two weeks during the school year, and the high school took an extended Thanksgiving holiday.

20 year old washing machine decided to cease to function via self immolation.....Wife got it shut off and flames out pretty quick, but had to ventilate the house for a while to get rid of the smoke and stink.

New laundry pair on order and supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Two news items - and I bet in both cases the scum suffer no retribution.

Who broke Mathematics? The other day we were cutting a piece of aluminum trim that was a little over 92 inches long. We decided to cut it in half. So we marked the piece at a little over 46 inches, cut it, and found we had one piece 48 inches long and the other around 43 inches long.

So why doesn't math work any more? I'm thinking it is those guys at CERN, 'effing with the Space Time Continuum.

Who broke Mathematics? The other day we were cutting a piece of aluminum trim that was a little over 92 inches long. We decided to cut it in half. So we marked the piece at a little over 46 inches, cut it, and found we had one piece 48 inches long and the other around 43 inches long.

So why doesn't math work any more? I'm thinking it is those guys at CERN, 'effing with the Space Time Continuum.
Something tells me you graduated from the Jethro Bodine School of Ciphering in Beverly Hills, Californ-i-a;)

Ciphering.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I don;t know if y'all know what you will be doing over the next month, but I do. I got a letter from the IRS saying I did not report a bunch of income on my 2022 taxes, a whole hell of a lot of income. And reading the letter, it does not make any sense at all. It says I did not report some rental income, but there it is entered in Turbotax. It says I did not report a bunch of investment income but even using the data provided by the IRS itself is says that the income was, say $3000, minus the cost basis of $2200 with the net income $800, not $3000, or a income of $700 with a cost basis of $900 for a net loss of $200. Page after page of stuff like that, making no sense. I not only got no refund for 2022 but had to send them over $7000 additional with those taxes.

The IRS hired a bunch of new people using $80 Billion of tax money and clearly at least some of them have no idea what they are doing. I just know I am going to have a wonderful time trying to explain to these people that they are incredibly stupid, by their own evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back