What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

True my friend - but we do get cold, and very wet winters, with the wind from Siberia, which is worse than 'dry' cold, as it really penetrates, and once it's below about -6 it's the same as minus lots! Oh, and for the past five years or so, Autumn has lasted 8 months every year!
I gotta find a better climate!

True my friend - but we do get cold, and very wet winters, with the wind from Siberia, which is worse than 'dry' cold, as it really penetrates, and once it's below about -6 it's the same as minus lots! Oh, and for the past five years or so, Autumn has lasted 8 months every year!
I gotta find a better climate!

Don't come to Minnesota then. 100 below F in the winter, and 100 above in the summer. Sometimes only one day separates winter from summer too:shock:

My son graduated pre-school today and was awarded "Most likely to be president of the History Channel" because of his love of PLANES, dinos, sharks, whales and his desire to share that love with his class mates! I almost cried I was so proud.

As of June 25, I will no longer be a coal miner driving a haul truck. I will become........a copper/gold miner driving a haul truck. It's a camp job, 4on/4off, and a major cut in pay but the money saved in additional rent, food, and travel expenses will almost offset the loss. Also, no more extreme winter driving through the Rockies or following endless lines of motor-homes, campers and travel trailers in the summer. Way too many psychotic drivers going nowhere too fast and passing where you are not allowed to pass. (Had a couple of near misses this past winter and I feel I'm on borrowed time). The camp has a fitness room(after the physical I came to realize that I was a tad out of shape), game room and every room has a 32" flat screen T.V. with satellite and internet. No cell service for a couple of months so I'll have to Skype SWMBO. There is the option of coming home every night but the bus ride is 90 minutes each way. Sorry for the long post but I'm a wee bit excited about what I hope is my last career change before retiring.

Geo

That's good news Geo, congrats on the new job - don't go overdoing it in that fitness room though, you don't want to be too healthy!

Picked up some true bargains at a Copenhagen flea market yesterday:

Got a Sailor 1911 fountain pen, a Penol, a Liberty 217 and an unknown brand fountain pen plus a dip pen for 100 DKK.
Damn, I've seen that Sailor on sale online for 238 USD!
Plus got a Jumbo (old danish brand) fountain pen for 50 DKK, that was definitely okay.
So this was a welcome (- and cheap!) boost for my fountain pen/dip pen collection. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back