What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Note to self: Don't stretch your lazy body in the sofa when you've got your full-of-fun-and-good-mood-mom sitting right next to you. :D
Got my pudge tickled! :lol:
Result: Straaaange sound - kinda like a cross between a yip, a giggle and a snort burst out of me, and both mom, dad and I had a good laugh. :D
Damn I'm happy that mom's finally beginning to feel a lot better. :thumbleft: :thumbright:

Thanks guys, mom still tire easily, but that was expected.
After all it was extensive surgery and she is an old lady. (83 years)
But things are definitely looking better, and both dad and I are happy to see that she's slowly but surely getting better. ;)
And dad's working with his physician to get the heart medicine dosis he's getting just right, so he's feeling better too. :thumbleft:

Heart meds, am there myownself. Tritace Zanadip, but my last BP was 120/85 so I'm okay about it.
The day your mum laughs when someone breaks wind in the room, you know she is on the mend!!!!!

Good luck on the classes mate.....

And I have just come up with a way to make the ammo belt for my whipper schnipper!!!!

So all is good in the world.

Saw my son off to MEPS ( Military Entrance Processing Stations ) where he will spend the next two days being poked, prodded and examined. When he gets home he will be an enlistee in the Army National Guard with a declared intention to go ROTC. Not bad for a 17 year old who will be starting his senior year of high school. I could not be more proud to be his father.

Making some big overtime pay working tonight, Friday, and Saturday nights at some local race tracks. Should easily have 20-25 hours of OT. :D

I had 2 things cheer me up today although one was sad.....

One of the towns I live near is having a community day festival. The entertainment director contacted my old guitar-playing buddy Joe, telling him: "You're playing." So Joe calls me and says; "You're playing". Ok, we decide we'll do some nice acoustic numbers. Them my old drummer calls about the show and he wants in. Then another guitar playing friend calls to say he is playing too and he gets his brother who plays bass and I used to play in a few bands in, to join up. So now I have a band, we're going electric and not acoustic and for the first time in 25 years....I have band practice Monday!!! Gotta come up with a set list that I can sing with these dusty pipes.

Second thing: A friend of a friend of a friend passed away the other day. I went to help them with a cat that the guy had. In his apartment he had an enormous book collection on WWII and the Civil War. I commented how I was interested in the same subjects and the guys wife says; "Nobody in the family is interested in them. He really loved his books and would love to have someone who appreciated them, have them. They're yours if you want." I'm blown away! There has to be about 200 books! He had a bookcase literally from floor to ceiling, filled with them. A quick look I saw "Army Group South", "Hitlers Generals", "Lee", etc. She'll call me when the family starts clearing out the apartment and everything is ok for me to have them.

What a day!

Nice on the books, sorry about the friend ( twice removed ). My boy came home from MEPS. He is now officially a member of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard, which means he has to get a haircut ( evil cackling and much hand wringing ). His first drill is in about 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your friend Chris, but great to hear about the band and the books.
I had an old friend, about ten years older than me, who died suddenly a few months back - only heard about it a couple of days after the event. On those few times a year I'd see him, he used to give me some of his books when he'd read them, and low and behold, a month or so later, half a dozen books turned up at my place. His last remaining relative had found my address, and some notes regarding books, and just sent them to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back