What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My first marriage went 20/30
seperated at 20, divorced at 30!

But don't pay any attention to me........ I am cursed!

thank you chaps.

the secret is me working 16 hour days, the wife being asleep by the time i get home and not awake when i set off the next morning....easy !

holidays are a bit dicey though too much time together !!!!

Get it sorted Karl - holidays are the time for wive's to go shopping, whilst the men go to air shows for a week or two !!
Hmm. I wonder why I'm no longer married ...................................

Electrician came yesterday to connect my photovoltaic panels on the barn. He had his Martini Henry MkIV rifle in the van so I brought mine out to compare, as one does. He tells me he knows of a WW1 training set of trenches a few kilometres away and will let me know when he next goes there so I can take a look. Overgrown with trees but all the practice trenches can still be traced. How about that for the 100 years anniversary of the war! Or 97th ish if you are American.

Went to the market today and released a silent but ultra potent botty burp by the meat section. Then stood back and watched with amusement when others walked up to the meat.

Well, it made me laugh anyway....124 in IQ, f*ck knows what that means, more than my shoe size anyway and I can, tie them there shoe laces...and I do dress myself in the morning!

:lol:

I did this yesterday but was too worn out to post last night. Went 40 miles east of Fresno and for this first time in 36 years used my 22 and my 'boomstick". That's what I call my 12 gauge. My neighbor was there with his guns and I got to fire an SKS and a Mossin nagant. My right hand is sore from the recoil of "Mr Boomstick" but well worth the soreness.

A 12 gauge can certainly wear a body down, especially if it's chambered for 3" mag. And they can certainly be alot of fun to target shoot, no doubt about it.

On the otherhand, my .300 Savage is one of those kind of rifles that you may want to take to the range to run a few rounds through to sight in, but after the 5 round, pain starts reducing the fun factor quickly. It's also not the type of rifle you want to let a first-timer try, because chances are, it will end up in the dirt. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back