What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dr Happyface assured me my shoulder opp went Perfect!
Then I told him the staff at recovery said I could take the sling off as long as I didn't................ "Yiu're gonna listen to THEM"?

I said No.

I was made redundant about six years ago and decided that as I left school at sixteen, to go to University aged fifty one and train as a Psychotherapist/Counsellor. Today I received my starting date to work as a counsellor for the police where my clients will be the police officers themselves. A good day.

Having just completed a five year degree at a top university, I can tell you that those who say that studying is no harder the older you get, have no idea what they are talking about.

Ordered a New MicroSD and a little gadget that holds the battery/memory port closed shut (it's already closed shut but this is so now I won't have to worry about this god d@%$ camera dropping my 30 dollar investment with pictures I forget to put on the computer!!!

Another day with the no kill shelter walking dogs. Finally got to hold a little dog named Pomona. Shes fairly timid and didn't want to walk so I sat on a bench in the shade with her where she laid next to me and slept with head on my leg like a pillow. Talking softly to her made her relax. Also walked Chili and Roxy. Dexter, looks like pitbull, was hand full since he wanted to run.

Being beaten by my 10 year old son at aircraft recognition. Half a year ago he was not interested at all in aircraft. Then he got "bitten by the bug" and now he already knows more and is faster recognising aircraft from pictures than I am. Ah how quick youngsters learn.....

Another day with the no kill shelter walking dogs. Finally got to hold a little dog named Pomona. Shes fairly timid and didn't want to walk so I sat on a bench in the shade with her where she laid next to me and slept with head on my leg like a pillow. Talking softly to her made her relax. Also walked Chili and Roxy. Dexter, looks like pitbull, was hand full since he wanted to run.

Very cool on you!

Was working at the shelter yesterday and found out that Roxy and Otis were adopted Saturday. While I feel a sense of loss due to becoming too attached to them, I am glad that they got loving homes. Tried walking a large one named Sasha and she gets so overly excited that she ends up drawing blood with her toe nails. I tried to take her out yesterday and gave up after 5 minutes of wrestling with her. She scratched me up some more. Ended up telling her no walk for her.

I love my job... I'm at the airport each day and get to see so many different aircraft taking off or landing. Last Thursday, saw 3 stearmans, DC 3 in D-Day colors, and a P-51. A couple of days prior to that got to watch a P-40 taking off and an OH-13 (mash type helicopter). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back