What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have added another item onto my bucket list, "Understand the Game of Cricket". I see the one with Kate Beckinsale occurring first however.
It's not just Cricket. Back when I was in 8th grade a few of my friends and I tried to explane baseball to a German exchange student, going as far as taking him to a park district ball field and acting it out. Totally hopeless. I guess it's just something you have to grow up with.

That's really awesome!
------------------------------------

I have added another item onto my bucket list, "Understand the Game of Cricket". I see the one with Kate Beckinsale occurring first however.
My wife is a football fan, but after 30 years together she also loves cricket but only on the radio she never watches it, the cricket radio commentary is up to 5 days of sport combined with complete nonsense about everything from cakes to seagulls and the colour of buses.

some radio commentary
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEBLrz3S1o

There is a surprising amount of cricket played in the USA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_in_the_United_States

Mick Jagger introduced John Paul Getty to Cricket and he loved it so much he built his own international standard ground at his home in England, a replica of The Oval in London.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormsley_Park

I love it but it is an aquired taste....good luck with the rules

I too prefere the radio commentary for cricket, though without having sky sports I don't see much cricket these days, sadly.

Saw this little guy nearly get his by a car last night when he ran in front of two cars on a well driven road. Two cars ended up hitting each other, nothing major and this little guy just kept going down the road. He was intent on crossing again and I was afraid he'd get hit as it was getting dark. I picked him up and took him home.
Had the police come and scan for an identification chip, but he didn't have one.
Only tag he had was a for a rabies shot and that place was closed so he spent the night. Sure was a well mannered little gut (OK, he's not so little for a Corgi).

Luckily the clinic on the tag was still in operation and I brought him over this morning. They tracked down the owner via the rabies vaccination #. Left him there for the owner to pick up. Turns out his name is Buster. Glad he found his people

Last edited:
Yeah, he would probably spent the night in some cold damp weather last night if I didn't pick him up.
Initially the Policeman thought I just wanted him to take him to the pound, which meant the little guy spending the night in a cage in an even stranger place than my place. I told him no, I would keep him for a while and try to find the owner and that I just wanted him to scan for a chip.
One thing I learned, he expected a treat after going outside to do his duty, he acted like he was expecting something after coming in and I said "treat" and he nearly jumped through the roof Didn't have any doggie treats so I gave him a little handful of dog food I had picked up for him earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread