What Cheered You Up Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am cheered by the fact that I did not drop my 1997 Toyota Celica on myself today when I removed the Right engine mount and jacked up the engine, even managing to get a jackstand under the engine to support it more firmly.

And unlike when I worked on it yesterday, I did not have to spend over 30 min just trying to disconnect the electrical connectors on the alternator, and I am not bleeding.

But there is always tomorrow.
Like I always say at work "If you're not bleeding you're not working hard enough".

Like I always say at work "If you're not bleeding you're not working hard enough".
I think that belongs in the same category as, "If you are not throwing up, you're not having a good time."

No blood today, just frustration and a headache. Trying to simultaneously follow TWO procedures (timing belt and water pump replacement with a bit of oil pump work thrown in) is a challenge. There is considerable overlap between them but even so, I ended up saying, "Oh, so that one says to take this part off first and the other one says to take this other part off first and if you make the wrong choice you can't get one part off because there is no way to hold it unless that other part was still on there."

Feeling good to be alive. Just being able to look to the west & admire a beautiful sunset.
AMEN brother.

Had a slew of doctors appointments the last two months, after many tests, Xrays, MRI's and so many blood draws I look like a heroin addict the verdict is in, with the exception of a herniated lumbar disc I got a clean bill of health all across the board, top to bottom, inside and out. Found that some of the meds I was on were causing issues that looked more serious than they were, changed those and I guess I'm good for another 100,000 miles.

AMEN brother.

Had a slew of doctors appointments the last two months, after many tests, Xrays, MRI's and so many blood draws I look like a heroin addict the verdict is in, with the exception of a herniated lumbar disc I got a clean bill of health all across the board, top to bottom, inside and out. Found that some of the meds I was on were causing issues that looked more serious than they were, changed those and I guess I'm good for another 100,000 miles.
That's great. More bacon as well ?

Got my first phone call from my son. His voice is strong and positive, and the Marines have clearly started teaching him clarity of speech. Four minutes, he got out everything I needed to know and in that time we set solid plans.

I'm surprised the USMC are giving him leave immediately after basic -- we had to wait until after tech school for that in my USAF -- but happy all the same. He'll have nine days of leave the second half of May before flying back to Pendleton for infantry school. He just wants to sleep.

I'm surprised the USMC are giving him leave immediately after basic -- we had to wait until after tech school for that in my USAF -- but happy all the same. He'll have nine days of leave the second half of May before flying back to Pendleton for infantry school. He just wants to sleep.
Happens sometimes due to scheduling. Had a friend that ended up with 21 days between schools. Army gave him a week of leave and then gave him orders to report to the training base and standby at the school and await further orders. He spent those 2 weeks goofing off and taking it easy, as no more orders came thru.

Happens sometimes due to scheduling. Had a friend that ended up with 21 days between schools. Army gave him a week of leave and then gave him orders to report to the training base and standby at the school and await further orders. He spent those 2 weeks goofing off and taking it easy, as no more orders came thru.

I had 17 days between graduating Basic and my class forming in tech school. The Air Force put me to work policing the base perimeter at Chanute -- couple with waxing miles of linoleum in Griffiss Hall. No leave for any of us.

Spent 45 days at BCT, got 1 day off, then another 45 days at MP Training Command, had 3 days off, in middle of period. Then 5 days to introduce myself to the assigned Base.

However, I was in my own hometown and was free to leave, after 4 pm and return before 6 am, so that's why I didn't get much "off days". However those who were from far cities / towns / villages had around 7 - 10 days off, each 45 days.

Snow is nearly all gone, two days of sunshine and temps in the 80's, with a third possible tomorrow (I won't count that one until it actually happens). Got the ingredients for Blood Mary's, actually Bloody Caesars and beer cooling off in the fridge. Going to grill up some home made bratwurst patties/burgers for dinner tomorrow night and get a little toasty myself.

Snow is nearly all gone, two days of sunshine and temps in the 80's, with a third possible tomorrow (I won't count that one until it actually happens). Got the ingredients for Blood Mary's, actually Bloody Caesars and beer cooling off in the fridge. Going to grill up some home made bratwurst patties/burgers for dinner tomorrow night and get a little toasty myself.
Brat patties/burgers are da shiznit!

I believe the army called that snow birding.

Got a lot done in the yard today. Ran a bunch of errands. The weekend has not even started yet. The 9/80 work schedule and every other Friday off is awesome.

Time for a beer. Prost my friends. Zum Wohl!

Going to grill some Fajitas too.

2A3F63FA-141D-452F-A450-89E3C259AD19.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back