What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had a similar system plus something like this ..

aria.jpg

Those are some pretty old grandparents!
Old and rich! At least before 1979!

My great grandparents parents, on mother side, used to own a series of manufactures and companies, in Armenia and Georgia, back in late 1890's. Match Making, textile and some traditional Handcrafts, including carpet.

After 1917 events, most of their belongings were taken, first by Turks, then by Soviets, and they were forced to leave and entered Iran.

They've opened a new carpet workshop, in Urmia's suburbs, in 1926. The workshop was seized and used as a storeroom by Soviets, after they attacked Iran. The ruins, were visible, last time I visit the area, back in 2016.

My father's side, were living in the area that is known as "Iran" today, since The Asur Kingdom, around 4700 years ago. They moved to Yazd back in early 700's, and later Tehran from 1750.

Old and rich! At least before 1979!

My great grandparents parents, on mother side, used to own a series of manufactures and companies, in Armenia and Georgia, back in late 1890's. Match Making, textile and some traditional Handcrafts, including carpet.

After 1917 events, most of their belongings were taken, first by Turks, then by Soviets, and they were forced to leave and entered Iran.

They've opened a new carpet workshop, in Urmia's suburbs, in 1926. The workshop was seized and used as a storeroom by Soviets, after they attacked Iran. The ruins, were visible, last time I visit the area, back in 2016.

My father's side, were living in the area that is known as "Iran" today, since The Asur Kingdom, around 4700 years ago. They moved to Yazd back in early 700's, and later Tehran from 1750.
When you start throwing those dates around it reminds me that the "modern" world we live in is a blink of an eye in the history of civilization. I wonder what people will think of this era in history in 4700 years.

When you start throwing those dates around it reminds me that the "modern" world we live in is a blink of an eye in the history of civilization. I wonder what people will think of this era in history in 4700 years.
That's something I'm thinking time to time!!!

It's one of these 2:

En route to a new "Earth" ...

Or

Turned back to 100000 years ago ...

Either way, they would know as much, as we know of our past!

Fagen Fighters Air museum in Western Minnesota announced earlier this year that they purchased a new fighter. They have been hush hush on what is was until today. It's a P-47! Was supposed to be delivered today, but had mechanical problem. I see a road trip in the near future.
Rumor has it this is the P-47 that they may have bought? Unable to confirm, but can't wait to take a look when it gets there. My favorite WWII fighter.

Attachments

• P-47 Thunderbolt.jpg
    P-47 Thunderbolt.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 7
I've still got my late 80's Pioneer rack downstairs: equalizer, tuner, pre-amp, 6 stack CD player and dual cassette deck. I did give #2 daughter my Marantz Direct Drive turntable as she is buying new LPs; got this in the late 70's
Just recently (within the last 6 mo) bought a new turntable. I never got rid of my 600+ albums so it's nice to once again listen to a lot of stuff that either was never released on CD or I never bought on CD. Plus, I'm definitely one of those who *seriously* loves those occasional pops and hisses from LP's!
By the way......still have the speakers too? I'd imagine they're huge AND heavy!

Remember taping spare change to the top of the needle cartridge to prevent skipping on very old LP's? My first LP was Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Had it for years.....more scratch the music but I could never part with it.
Haha....yup! I'm a jazz snob so there's no Black Sabbath in my collection but you gotta see if you still have it!

Haha....yup! I'm a jazz snob so there's no Black Sabbath in my collection but you gotta see if you still have it!
Remember taping spare change to the top of the needle cartridge to prevent skipping on very old LP's? My first LP was Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Had it for years.....more scratch the music but I could never part with it.
Reference for audiophiles: a US Nickel weighs 5 grams.

Have had time to check and sort those pdf files of Iran-Iraq books I've received from one of my friends...

Here is a list of those books, if someone is interested:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back